Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Raptors - Monday, April 1st at 7:30 P.M.

5 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I don’t understand why Clifford had dj guarding green. Yeah let’s have Danny green shoot right over him. Great strategy. 

He wanted size on Lowry, so he put Augustin on Green and Fournier on Lowry. He could’ve been more aggressive with subbing MCW, but then you lose some spacing and offense when you put MCW in. You could’ve tried putting Augustin on Lowry, but that’s just shifting the mismatch from one player to another. I probably would’ve tried Augustin on Lowry more often than Cliff did, but it really was a “pick your poison” scenario.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MagicOne said:

I am kind of getting the impression judging by some comments here that the Magic perhaps took the foot off the gas little bit after the Indy win and knowing that they are coming home to face a couple of inferior opponents ? After all they do have ways to find out what's going on in other games.

I disagree with this. We didn’t take our foot off the gas, we lost to a more talented team on a night where they were en fuego from beyond the arc. We don’t have anyone that can stop runs when we’re slumping like that by getting an iso bucket or getting to the line. I hope ‘Kelle’s gonna be that dude going forward.

2 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

I am kind of getting the impression judging by some comments here that the Magic perhaps took the foot off the gas little bit after the Indy win and knowing that they are coming home to face a couple of inferior opponents ? After all they do have ways to find out what's going on in other games.

Eh, we came out with a bunch of energy in the 1st quarter, Toronto just made adjustments defensively and we couldn’t deal with that and they’re shooting. We’re also going to struggle offensively when Vuc and Ross put up relative duds, so that didn’t help either. I think Toronto just made adjustments and kicked our butts with ball movement as opposed to us having a bad mentality.

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I disagree with this. We didn’t take our foot off the gas, we lost to a more talented team on a night where they were en fuego from beyond the arc. We don’t have anyone that can stop runs when we’re slumping like that by getting an iso bucket or getting to the line. I hope ‘Kelle’s gonna be that dude going forward.

yeah mainly this..  we also did not contest them very well at all. Slow to get out to them i noticed. Just gotta take this on the chin and regroup

Yeah plus Toronto I think had a score to settle with us after we beat them up there earlier in the season and demolished them in Orlando.

we are not defending anywhere near the level we can ya know... gotta get more physical... interested to see what Clifford says...

anybody got a link?

1 minute ago, MagicOne said:

Yeah plus Toronto I think had a score to settle with us after we beat them up there earlier in the season and demolished them in Orlando.

yeah they are worried about us... trust me.

4 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

we are not defending anywhere near the level we can ya know... gotta get more physical... interested to see what Clifford says...

anybody got a link?

Steve must of heard me hahahaha