Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Pacers - Saturday, March 30th, 7:00 P.M.

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Vucevic had only 2 rebounds tonight. How is that possible? 

He really struggles against physical bigs. I really hope we’re conservative with any extension we offer.

8 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

He really struggles against physical bigs. I really hope we’re conservative with any extension we offer.

Yeah, Turner, Embiid, Valanciunas, Drummond destroy him every time they play him. Unfortunately, 3 of those 4 are still rivals, luckily Toronto was nice enough to trade Jonas.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I know . . .Birch is 3 inches shorter than Vuch. He had 4 rebounds, 2 steals and 2 blocks.

Vuch had 2 rebounds, 2 steals and 0 blocks.

I like Birches aggressiveness, also athleticism,  and his ability to jump more than 2 inches off the floor to try and grab a rebound.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I know . . .Birch is 3 inches shorter than Vuch. He had 4 rebounds, 2 steals and 2 blocks.

Vuch had 2 rebounds, 2 steals and 0 blocks.

I like Birches aggressiveness, also athleticism,  and his ability to jump more than 2 inches off the floor to try and grab a rebound.

More playing time is helping Birch. He seems to be getting better as we go along. Do you think it's time to move on from Vooch? 

16 minutes ago, Barnabas Smith said:

More playing time is helping Birch. He seems to be getting better as we go along. Do you think it's time to move on from Vooch? 

I think it’s time to move on from Vuc. He’s going to want top dollar this summer and I don’t think he can keep up this Allstar level of production into next year. He’s basically playing for his last big contract and he knows it. I expect Vuc to regress to the mean and us going back to wondering why he’s still on our team after all the years of subpar effort. I believe Birch is a more than serviceable backup and after Bamba bulks up this summer along with JI we are going to have a scary starting 5, assuming Fultz comes back healthy. I look for our team to make big strides this offseason with individual/team development and you’re going to see a few guys make that “leap” if you will and take this team to the next level. Either way I’m excited about this playoff push and can’t wait for these guys to taste the playoffs so they can come in hungry next year. GO MAGIC! 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Birch and MCW were great. Kinda sad that Clifford always has the same 5 guys during crunch time, but at least we got the W

I think if MCW keeps playing like he is, and he builds trust by showing that he can take care of the ball, he may supplant Augustine during the crunch. I have been pleasantly surprised in Augustine this year, but MCW is bring some new energy, which our team desperately needs right now. These guys are tired and it shows because a lot of times they are standing around flat footed and not moving when they don't have the ball. They are making it easy on the defense and when our shots aren't falling, then we get what we got the other day. A butt whoopin.

30 minutes ago, Barnabas Smith said:

I think if MCW keeps playing like he is, and he builds trust by showing that he can take care of the ball, he may supplant Augustine during the crunch. I have been pleasantly surprised in Augustine this year, but MCW is bring some new energy, which our team desperately needs right now. These guys are tired and it shows because a lot of times they are standing around flat footed and not moving when they don't have the ball. They are making it easy on the defense and when our shots aren't falling, then we get what we got the other day. A butt whoopin.

Eh, I think MCW is good for the energy burst exactly how he's currently used.  Need good execution & shot making late game rather than chaos in most cases.  Augustin has been reliable all year in that regard.  Look at the late shot clock play last night where he broke down his defender and converted a tough lay up to basically seal it. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Birch and MCW were great. Kinda sad that Clifford always has the same 5 guys during crunch time, but at least we got the W

Yes and yes. What scares me most if we get in the playoffs. Is Clifford’s reluctance to make in game adjustments with personnel. No matter how well a nonstarter plays during the game and the starter doesn’t, the rotation will not change. Frustrating and imbocile. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Yes and yes. What scares me most if we get in the playoffs. Is Clifford’s reluctance to make in game adjustments with personnel. No matter how well a nonstarter plays during the game and the starter doesn’t, the rotation will not change. Frustrating and imbocile. 

Why are we focusing on this after last night's game?  The lineups he employed a) got us back into the game, and b) ultimately sealed the game.  The bench did it's job and then the starters closed it out.  What is there to complain about?

Is the suggestion that MCW and Birch should've played the final 15 minutes?  I'm not understanding the gripe here.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Why are we focusing on this after last night's game?  The lineups he employed a) got us back into the game, and b) ultimately sealed the game.  The bench did it's job and then the starters closed it out.  What is there to complain about?

Is the suggestion that MCW and Birch should've played the final 15 minutes?  I'm not understanding the gripe here.

It went well because the Pacers failed to capitalize, but the athletic lineup with Ross, Gordon, Birch and MCW actually got us the lead and looked way more energetic than the one that closed the game

2 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Fwiw that lineup is our best lineup