Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Heat - Tues., March 26th at 7:30 PM

16 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Two things that deserve to be immortalized in this thread:

that Derrick Jones Jr dunk was naaaaaasty

and tha might have been my favorite Vucevic game of all time. Super clutch, wasn’t ball dominant, more like a sniper 

Yeah. Vucevic was really good. Especially on his hedging on screens the last couple games. 

10 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah. Vucevic was really good. Especially on his hedging on screens the last couple games. 

Yeah I noticed the hedging.. much much better. That's what we need every game

18 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I love Bamba so therefore have been agianst resigning Vuc, but he is starting to change my mind and I can see an advantage of having both on the team.

1 minute ago, Originalticketholder said:

I love Bamba so therefore have been agianst resigning Vuc, but he is starting to change my mind and I can see an advantage of having both on the team.

This.

I wouldn’t mind keeping Vuc if somehow we were able to get a real alpha dog to play with him.

Even Jimmy Butler would do

Since we are talking about Vuch, is it just me or has been a lot more engaged on the defensive end too? I was pretty impressed watching him a few times last night- often good positioning and good energy. That might be almost as important as his hitting needed shots in the 4th.

42 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

This.

I wouldn’t mind keeping Vuc if somehow we were able to get a real alpha dog to play with him.

Kemba and Vooch haha..

To be fair we may have our Alpha in Fultz. 

Isaac is still there too.

8 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Kemba and Vooch haha..

To be fair we may have our Alpha in Fultz. 

Isaac is still there too.

I’d kill to have Kemba here.

Just kidding.

half kidding

39 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

This.

Last night's  third quarter  version of Isaac or Fultz may qualify. If we resign Vuc and/or Ross what I hope we can do is manage the salary cap so we have max free agent money available in 2 years.  If we don't we will have to start paying our rookies more money and will have a hard time freeing up FA money.  Capologist's invaluable in today's NBA.

Jimmy has that dog in him... some love it, some don’t. I am of the former. I like the edge. I’d love to get a elite level two way SG and send Evan to the super 6 role (if we don’t resign Ross). Just spitballing. 

ABOUT THAT MIAMI HEAT BANDWAGON LAST NIGHT. . .

BEFORE >>>     0urzEU.png    

blue-grey-line-shadows.jpg

AFTER >>>>   uEzH5x.png

You know what I was thinking about?

We've beaten bad teams. 

We've beaten good teams resting their best player. 

We've beaten good teams that we catch at the end of a road trip or on the second night of a back to back or just in an off night. 

When was the last time where we took a good team's best shot but we were still better than them? I think that happened last night for the first time in the rebuild. 

12 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

You know what I was thinking about?

We've beaten bad teams. 

We've beaten good teams resting their best player. 

We've beaten good teams that we catch at the end of a road trip or on the second night of a back to back or just in an off night. 

When was the last time where we took a good team's best shot but we were still better than them? I think that happened last night for the first time in the rebuild. 

Not sure.  The first 18 minutes of the game sure felt like the team knew the stakes and wasn't ready for them.  I kept thinking about how nervous they looked, how much they were overthinking certain actions, etc.  Every (and I mean EVERY) loose ball in the first half went Miami's way because I think we were just too amped up for a big game and couldn't even squeeze the leather. 

And then they just kind of settled in.  They didn't get discouraged by the big deficit.  In some ways I feel like the Memphis comeback was huge for this team and carried a lesson into Miami.  Memphis is worse than Miami obviously but by winning that game, where a bad offensive team is playing at its zenith and seemingly nothing is going right, the Magic showed themselves that they can will themselves to a win by just giving effort and refusing to lose.  This game felt similar.

And honestly, it seems ridiculous to say, but I think a big part of this team's current culture/identity comes from the 2 way guys and the subs.  Jefferson, Caupain, MCW, Wes, Frazier, Briscoe are ALWAYS cheering and encouraging the main guys.  They don't let them get down and it's been contagious.  When was the last time we had a bench that was this engaged?