Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Heat - Tues., March 26th at 7:30 PM

5 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Not sure.  The first 18 minutes of the game sure felt like the team knew the stakes and wasn't ready for them.  I kept thinking about how nervous they looked, how much they were overthinking certain actions, etc.  Every (and I mean EVERY) loose ball in the first half went Miami's way because I think we were just too amped up for a big game and couldn't even squeeze the leather. 

And then they just kind of settled in.  They didn't get discouraged by the big deficit.  In some ways I feel like the Memphis comeback was huge for this team and carried a lesson into Miami.  Memphis is worse than Miami obviously but by winning that game, where a bad offensive team is playing at its zenith and seemingly nothing is going right, the Magic showed themselves that they can will themselves to a win by just giving effort and refusing to lose.  This game felt similar.

And honestly, it seems ridiculous to say, but I think a big part of this team's current culture/identity comes from the 2 way guys and the subs.  Jefferson, Caupain, MCW, Wes, Frazier, Briscoe are ALWAYS cheering and encouraging the main guys.  They don't let them get down and it's been contagious.  When was the last time we had a bench that was this engaged?

I hadn't even considered the bench. A vocal bench is important. 

15 minutes ago, ML6 said:

And honestly, it seems ridiculous to say, but I think a big part of this team's current culture/identity comes from the 2 way guys and the subs.  Jefferson, Caupain, MCW, Wes, Frazier, Briscoe are ALWAYS cheering and encouraging the main guys.  They don't let them get down and it's been contagious.  When was the last time we had a bench that was this engaged?

Not since Chris Duhon along with others on the bench. Remember that thing Duhon use to do? Was it the air guitar or Chuck Berry?

48 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Not since Chris Duhon along with others on the bench. Remember that thing Duhon use to do? Was it the air guitar or Chuck Berry?

Was it duhon or qrich who did the travel dance

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Was it duhon or qrich who did the travel dance

Duhon. Etched in my memory forever. Game 1 vs Pacers that year 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Chris-Duhon-Travel-Dance.gif?ssl=1

From what I can tell, the fans behind him, from my view on tv, didn't pay him any attention. I cracked up every time he did it. He looked like a wobbly duck to me. Back in the day, there was a clown that appeared to be lowering himself into a trunk. That's was what Duhon reminded me of.