Tuesday, March 26th at 7:30 P.M.

American Airlines Arena - Miami, FL

TV:  Fox Sports FL

EYUfRv.png

CEvBgk.png

5c6Cbz.png

BEWARE: Miami Heat's Bandwagon!!!!

m4147p.png

WMnKeH.gifMiami tries to bring in another bandwagon!

y0oAFl.png

dontstopbelieving2pulsa.gif

GO MAGIC!

• Upvote 1

Miami has a monster matchup with Orlando Tuesday night. The Heat have a one-game lead over the Magic for the final playoff spot. The Hornets are just two games back of Miami, as well.   

• Magic Number to clinch playoff spot: 8
  • Projected seed: No. 8
  • SportsLine odds: 67.6 percent to make playoffs
  • Current first-round matchup: at Bucks
  • Remaining games: 9 (five road, four home)
  • Strength of remaining schedule: .502 (14th-toughest in league)
  • Next three games: vs. Magic, vs. Mavericks, at Knicks
  • Tiebreaker: Currently own tiebreaker over Detroit and Brooklyn, currently trail Orlando 2-1 in season series

ORL.pngIf Orlando wants to make the playoffs, it has to look at this Miami game on Tuesday night as a must win. If they can do that, their odds of making the playoffs will change dramatically. If they can beat Detroit in the following game, their odds will really go up. Orlando's chances of making the postseason have already risen almost 20 percent from this time last week. 

• Projected seed: No. 9
  • SportsLine odds: 56.9 percent to make playoffs
  • Remaining games: 8 (six road, two home)
  • Strength of remaining schedule: .486 (13th-easiest in league)
  • Next three games: at Heat, at Pistons, at Pacers
  • Tiebreaker: Currently leads Miami 2-1 in season series; already lost tiebreaker to Nets; currently trail Pistons via 2-1 deficit in season series with one matchup remaining

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-playoff-picture-standings-magic-numbers-matchups-projections-blazers-clinch-spot-magic-making-late-run-in-east/

This isn't definitively a must win because hypothetically we could lose the next three games, win the final 5, and end up with 41 wins. There's paths to the playoffs without it. 

But this is definitely the most important single game. We really really really need to win. 

16 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Vegas has us as a 4 1/2 point dog. They have undervalued us these last few games. Let's hope that remains true. So nervous about this game. 

They had us about the same yesterday then right before tip a bunch of money came in on us moving the line to something like magic -2

Haven’t seen it talked about on here yet: tonight is Chris Bosh jersey retirement night. Will be a lot of emotion and probably a good crowd in the building. Spoelstra has already confirmed the team will stay on the court for halftime to see the ceremony.

Does this help us or hurt us? I can make an argument either way. 

29 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Haven’t seen it talked about on here yet: tonight is Chris Bosh jersey retirement night. Will be a lot of emotion and probably a good crowd in the building. Spoelstra has already confirmed the team will stay on the court for halftime to see the ceremony.

Let's hope they forgot to instruct fans to fan up.

46 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

They had us about the same yesterday then right before tip a bunch of money came in on us moving the line to something like magic -2

Really? I saw +2 1/2 but didn't check before game time. I wonder if that had to do more with the Simmons news than Vegas being on the wrong side. I'll be in-gaming tonight!

Just now, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Really? I saw +2 1/2 but didn't check before game time. I wonder if that had to do more with the Simmons news than Vegas being on the wrong side. I'll be in-gaming tonight!

I figured Ben Simmons alone wouldn't move a line that far. 

51 minutes ago, ML6 said:

So no halftime adjustments? Sounds great to me. Anything that distracts from fine detail and x and os.  Btw Jason Kidd picked us to make the playoffs over Miami