TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Cavs - Thursday, March 14th @ 7:00 P.M.

8 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

And the shortest non-participant "views" (565). As opposed to over 3,000 views for the 76ers and Grizzlies game threads. 

It's good to not be flying into a mad panic today

17 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I'm not even sure we played that well.  Cleveland just wasn't playing at all.  Can't take much from this, unfortunately.

Rotations looked better.

We created a ton of good shots. 

That's good but yeah, it's not like it was a few weeks ago

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

I'm saying we winning our next 7 in a row.. worse case 6-1

I hope so, but our defense energy needs to get better. For a while there before the break, we were shutting teams down. Now, teams are able to drive into the paint and a lot of times get an easy 2 points. It could be that some of our guys are nursing injuries and they are taking a toll. We know about AG, but JI seems to have dropped off a little bit. On the plus side, Vooch seems to have gotten back into the swing of things. When he's off his game, the whole offense seems to bog down.

Gordon is now shooting 54.8% on right corner threes. He shoots 38.8% on left wing threes. He's shooting 27% on every other three (not counting half court heaves)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Gordon is now shooting 54.8% on right corner threes. He shoots 38.8% on left wing threes. He's shooting 27% on every other three (not counting half court heaves)

It's taken years, but AG is starting to come on when it comes to threes. I think Ross has been a good example on how to improve your jump shot. I am hoping AG is an even better shooter next year if he works on it all summer like Ross did last year.

34 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

They said on draft night if he can just make his corner threes then that's all he'll need. Hes also decent on left elbow wings but that's just my eye test I haven't checked the stats.

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Unfortunately only 26% of his attempted threes are out of the corner.

20 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Rotations looked better.

We created a ton of good shots. 

That's good but yeah, it's not like it was a few weeks ago

Well Cleveland going at half speed can also make all that look better and help with getting good shots.  

On 3/14/2019 at 10:13 PM, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Yeah, I wondered about that too. Especially the one where stuff used that huge pie pan. And those guys just laughed it off. 

If that had been a black man or woman that got pied, they would have been like: "what the hell"? . . .and gave stuff the ugly face.

Edit:  Oh yeah, and they would have requested laundry service.   :)

Haha. Good point. But yeah it does seem staged. But it's funny. Stuff is by far the best mascot in the NBA ... FACT!

14 hours ago, Barnabas Smith said:

It's taken years, but AG is starting to come on when it comes to threes. I think Ross has been a good example on how to improve your jump shot. I am hoping AG is an even better shooter next year if he works on it all summer like Ross did last year.

AG is going to get better and better ... Hardest working player on our team by miles ..

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 12:30 AM, Jay Magic said:

AG is going to get better and better ... Hardest working player on our team by miles ..

I hope so. He seems to be hitting the three a lot better these days, which is critical in our offense. I also think he is a difference maker on defense. He really is embracing his role and wants to guard the other team's best player. There is a lot to like about AG. I am glad we are being patient and gave him a contract extension instead of letting him walk like we did Oladipo who blossomed into a type of player we have wanted all along. Weltman and Hammond seem to have their act together much more than Hennigan.

1 hour ago, Barnabas Smith said:

I hope so. He seems to be hitting the three a lot better these days, which is critical in our offense. I also think he is a difference maker on defense. He really is embracing his role and wants to guard the other team's best player. There is a lot to like about AG. I am glad we are being patient and gave him a contract extension instead of letting him walk like we did Oladipo who blossomed into a type of player we have wanted all along. Weltman and Hammond seem to have their act together much more than Hennigan.

YEP. Their is more to come from AG for sure. 

• Upvote 1