TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Wizards - Wednesday, March 13th at 7:00 PM

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

That's what bench scorers look like. You aren't going to find a consistent bench scorer

Valid point. But to have one game where he scores 27 and the next game he scores 2 that is just horrible. He is either really good or really bad. With all of this being said is it best to let him go ? Probably not right ?

1 minute ago, MagicOne said:

Valid point. But to have one game where he scores 27 and the next game he scores 2 that is just horrible. He is either really good or really bad. With all of this being said is it best to let him go ? Probably not right ?

Depends on the cost. 

Ross' scoring raises the ceiling of your team. Grant and iwundu need to do more to cover for his off games. 

Ideally Fultz becomes the starter (and hopefully that fixes some of the fournier issues) and Augustin on the bench helps provide more consistent offense with that unit. 

26 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

Who stays and who goes if you were the head honcho here ? Vooch ? Evan ? T-Ross ?

If it were up to me all 3 aren’t in Magic uniforms next year. 

I’m most inclined to keep Ross but there would be a specific number in mind (I don’t know it yet) for me to bring him back. I like Ross the teammate and when he’s scoring we’re a different team. He’s still youngish but can lead some. I wouldn’t get crazy with his contract because he’s just to hot and cold. But he’s someone I’m not against Re-signing. 

Vuch and Evan GTFO. We’re in this “playoff race” and Vuch, our all star, just shows little heart out there. He can’t take over games. He doesn’t get baskets late when we need him to. I would be extremely disappointed if he’s on this team next year. If there’s such thing as empty stats he’s the poster boy for it. Evan I just don’t even know anymore. Regressed across the board. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't think it's a mental thing as much as it's flaws that were hidden when Ross was playing like an all star, briscoe was in and iwundu was hitting shots

Yeah but why have Ross and Iwundu seemingly regressed?  The pressure of playing meaningful games could be part of the reason.

I'm reading this thread, and I'm thinking that we need to keep some perspective.  People are terribly disappointed that we appear to be melting down when we have a weak schedule and seemingly a good chance to make the playoffs; I get it.  But the emotion people are showing is a welcome change from previous years, when most game threads at this point in the year had only a few pages, many people wouldn't watch the games, and most of those who were watching were rooting for us to lose the last 25 games to get a better shot at a good draft pick.

At least this year the team has given us something to care about at this point in the season.  Does it look like they're going to fall short?  Yes.  Do they have some serious holes that need to be filled, especially with bench scoring?  Absolutely.  Are there issues with their mental toughness?  Apparently so, but at least they are getting the experience of playing under some pressure; maybe it will help correct that.

There is something now to build on.  Add a couple of pieces over the summer and I think we could be a legitimate playoff team next season.  That is a start.

• Upvote 1

The only problem I have with Ross isn't even a problem with Ross. We are so *****ing reliant on Ross to carry our bench that when he is off it shines a glaring spotlight on him and him alone simply because he has to take every damn shot forced or not. Our bench is absolute garbage and if we had even a slightly decent scorer to offset Ross' bad nights we would be just fine. Ross has carried our ****ty bench all year. I am not going to hang him out to dry when he has an off game. 

• Like 1

Everyone wants to get rid of Evan but there's not really a viable plan to move his 2 years 34 million while simultaneously upgrading the position. 

Come again? He puts up 2/9 every game and 6 of those bricks come in last 4 minutes from just inside 3 point line early in shot clock! Agree will be hard to move contract but ANYTHING is an upgrade. We would have to attach a pick to get off him 

2 hours ago, MagicOne said:

He said this team is not playing like they want to make the playoffs. Said they are not bringing the necessary focus and intensity to have a shot. Also said they are playing as if it is game number 42 and that they have plenty of time. No sense of urgency at all.

EF has had no sense of urgency once he signed his 5 year contract so he is certainly not one to talk.  13 games left, Evan, when does your sense of urgency kick in?  EF's poor play has been the biggeset reason we will not make the playoffs this year.  Can't trade him because who wants him!  If Clifford will not bench him, Weltman needs to send the word down and make it an ultimatum. 

6 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

EF has had no sense of urgency once he signed his 5 year contract so he is certainly not one to talk.  13 games left, Evan, when does your sense of urgency kick in?  EF's poor play has been the biggeset reason we will not make the playoffs this year.  Can't trade him because who wants him!  If Clifford will not bench him, Weltman needs to send the word down and make it an ultimatum. 

We would have to attach our first pick at this rate to get off him. Stuck with his and Mozgovs contracts fml. Hennigan well and truly  bent us over and used no lube at all! 

• Upvote 1

Everyone wants to get rid of Evan but there's not really a viable plan to move his 2 years 34 million while simultaneously upgrading the position. 

I agree because it would take another team being "brain dead" to move him.  We are stuck with him (Two years cannot fly by fast enough) but it does not mean we have to play him so much or at all.  Tonight no offense  ( or should I say his usual offense) and Beal blowing by him like EF standing still so no defense.  You cannot draw up plays to play this bad.  Just ridculous!

1 minute ago, harley said:

We would have to attach our first pick at this rate to get off him. Stuck with his and Mozgovs contracts fml. Hennigan well and truly  bent us over and used no lube at all! 

+ 1 for your final sentence.   Keep our first pick and maybe we can find his replacement.  Then count down the two years left.  EF should be paying the fans back for how bad his play has been.

Evan with a top PG who can facilitate properly would be much better i reckon.

Guys strip this all back...

DJ AUGUSTIN is our STARTING PG... He has done admirably but until we get a top class PG this team cannot reach it's full potential..end of story!!

If we all think about it logically we would ALL have taken fighting for the playoffs right until the end of the season right? That would be deemed PROGRESS..

Some might say better than we expected..

I still think we have a darn good chance at making it and if we don't then its still progress ( frustrating i get it trust me )

The biggest thing i take from this is management really get to see who we should keep and who needs to go once and for all. No more excuses!

• Upvote 1