TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ 76ers - Tues., March 5th at 7:00 PM

Part of me wants that lotto pick now anyway I’m done with playoff push, as MP said this team is just a rental now, it’s happening in two years from now with Gordon, Fultz, Bamba, Isaac and draft pick. That’s a scary young core. Vooch will walk I reckon. We’ll be better for it in long run. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, harley said:

Part of me wants that lotto pick now anyway I’m done with playoff push, as MP said this team is just a rental now, it’s happening in two years from now with Gordon, Fultz, Bamba, Isaac and draft pick. That’s a scary young core. Vooch will walk I reckon. We’ll be better for it in long run. 

I don't agree at all.  You build a team incrementally, in stages.  We need to walk before we run.  Getting to the playoffs would be a significant step for these guys.  Allowing ourselves to become terrible again to "develop" our young players will result in a fiasco.

• Upvote 3

Philly has a pretty nasty team at this point. Still shocked at how bad Vooch played on both ends of the court. And then we have JJ and Tobias, who did whatever they wanted last night. 

If we put things in perspective then we lost to probably at this point the most stacked team in the east on their court and it wasn’t a blow out; not to mention Vuch’s worst game. Granted they were missing Embiid but we were missing TRoss and Bamba. We are a better team this year and playing meaningful games in March which was our goal. 

58 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

If we put things in perspective then we lost to probably at this point the most stacked team in the east on their court and it wasn’t a blow out; not to mention Vuch’s worst game. Granted they were missing Embiid but we were missing TRoss and Bamba. We are a better team this year and playing meaningful games in March which was our goal. 

Yeah. We didn't need this win. It made sense to rest Ross for that one in order to get him healthy for this very important 7 game stretch where we need to go 4-3 at worst. 

51 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah. We didn't need this win. It made sense to rest Ross for that one in order to get him healthy for this very important 7 game stretch where we need to go 4-3 at worst. 

4-3 in the next 7 would be really disappointing. 5-2 should be worse case. Anything else and this team isn’t serious about anything other than proving how much they shouldn’t be a playoff team. 

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

4-3 in the next 7 would be really disappointing. 5-2 should be worse case. Anything else and this team isn’t serious about anything other than proving how much they shouldn’t be a playoff team. 

I'm just looking at it based on reasonable ways to get to 39 wins. Not really attaching any deeper meaning to things. 

Going 4-3 then finishing the season going 5-3 with something like beating Miami, Indiana, New York, Atlanta, Charlotte is a feasible way to get to 39 wins. 

Though yeah, if we want to be a playoff team there's no reason we shouldn't go 5-2 or 6-1 over this stretch. 

• Like 1