Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Pacers - Saturday, March 2nd at 7:00 P.M

4 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

Here is an interesting scenario. And this is purely speculative here. Assuming that the Magic already have a playoff spot secured while going into their final game and sitting at number 7 and let's say the Raptors somehow take the number 1 in the East and the Bucks number 2..Would the Magic consider losing that final game to purposely drop to number 8 so they would face Toronto instead of Milwaukee in the first round ?

Yes. Or at least they should.

2 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Yes. Or at least they should.

Totally agree. They match up well against the Raptors while the Bucks are a different story.

Best case is to push for the 6 seed and get one of Indy/Philly/Boston in the first round. Second best is to get 7 and get Toronto, worst is to get 8th and get spanked by Milwaukee 4 times. I think we have a punchers chance in the first scenario and take Toronto to 6 in the second scenario.

I think it's no coincidence that the Magic started their winning ways once there was more of Briscoe and Birch and less of Grant and Bamba. Although Mo is hurt and that could explain some of his struggles. With Birch and Briscoe the energy level and toughness has gone up. The defense has improved greatly. I'm not sure if Bamba is out for the rest of the year but if he isn't I wouldn't insert him back into the backup spot and take away Birch's minutes. Briscoe gets the team into a nice up tempo flow offensively as well.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

I think it's no coincidence that the Magic started their winning ways once there was more of Briscoe and Birch and less of Grant and Bamba. Although Mo is hurt and that could explain some of his struggles. With Birch and Briscoe the energy level and toughness has gone up. The defense has improved greatly. I'm not sure if Bamba is out for the rest of the year but if he isn't I wouldn't insert him back into the backup spot and take away Birch's minutes. Briscoe gets the team into a nice up tempo flow offensively as well.

Agreed. This should light a fire in Bamba’s mind

Huge win and maybe my favorite of the season. Tough team making all kinds of shots in their place and odds seemed stacked against us. We are growing up. Hope DJ is okay but I’d roll with Briscoe. He’s tough as nails. Keep it up fellas!!