Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Knicks - Tuesday, Feb. 26th at 7:30 P.M.

56 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

And then it's pick your poison. If you try to play him straight up he will have a huge night. If you double up on him or more then the outside shooters will feast. This game should be over by halftime...unless of course the Warriors wanna play with them like a cat toying with a mouse before he takes care of business.

Most of the time when Cousins was triple teamed or more, he was not able to pass the ball out to a teammate. He tried to lay the ball up, but he would miss or the other team stripped the ball. But on the other hand, as you said, if you try to play him straight up, he will have a huge night.

1 hour ago, Spaceman said:

I hope Bamba was watching Mitchell Robinson. That's how a big plats with energy.

Listen to Zach Lowe's podcast with Ian Begley. They spend some time talking about Robinson. 

Basically his energy is nice but it also takes him out of the play constantly and he bites too often on fouls. 

That's not how we want Bamba to play

Sooooooo, I went to bed at the end of the first quarter thinking they will probably close that out quite easily with how they were playing and woke up to see that we lost and got obliterated in the 4th lol. That 8th seeding is going to go down to the last game at this rate, thankfully Miami and Charlotte have a pretty brutal schedule but don't see us seperating ourselves from either of those teams atm.

The Knicks get hot or did we just self destruct again?

52 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

Sooooooo, I went to bed at the end of the first quarter thinking they will probably close that out quite easily with how they were playing and woke up to see that we lost and got obliterated in the 4th lol. That 8th seeding is going to go down to the last game at this rate, thankfully Miami and Charlotte have a pretty brutal schedule but don't see us seperating ourselves from either of those teams atm.

The Knicks get hot or did we just self destruct again?

Self destruct. The bench outscored our bench 75 to 7

Also the "we shouldn't be saying making the playoffs is going to be easy" talk is wrong. 

We have the easiest path to the playoffs that is possible under these circumstances. 

If we don't make the playoffs (assuming no catastrophic injuries) we should blow up the team. Seriously. 

Avoided posting last night, but i watched the game. Lot's of legitimate things to say, but i am impressed by the Knicks talent. 

The big bench number being thrown around, those guys played more minutes then the starters. Obviously the coach liked their play and energy and kept them in.

They outplayed us in the fourth, i watched until the last few seconds.There is a big difference between players who have been in the league for 6 or 7 years and are just collecting paychecks and these players. They are all young, all of them are hoping to be starting a long career. This is why tanking teams win sometimes, the players aren't tanking.Also the Knicks have been doing the addition by subtraction thing for almost two whole years now. They acquired all these young guys because some of them are going to be good. The ones not playing good on any given night get benched. 

Biggest reason we lost, besides getting out hustled is Fournier and Ross just didn't have it. It's really not a knock on them it's what they are, inconsistent.Poor shooting doomed us, and many will say poor fourth quarter defense. Really, they were just younger and quicker and the shots fell for them, it's the NBA it happens.

Honestly we are going to win some games next month and i'm going to enjoy watching those games. My biggest hope is we have good health, so we can evaluate everyone these last two months. I hope we get Fultz and Bamba healthy and get them some minutes, even in the G-league.

6 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Avoided posting last night, but i watched the game. Lot's of legitimate things to say, but i am impressed by the Knicks talent. 

The big bench number being thrown around, those guys played more minutes then the starters. Obviously the coach liked their play and energy and kept them in.

They outplayed us in the fourth, i watched until the last few seconds.There is a big difference between players who have been in the league for 6 or 7 years and are just collecting paychecks and these players. They are all young, all of them are hoping to be starting a long career. This is why tanking teams win sometimes, the players aren't tanking.Also the Knicks have been doing the addition by subtraction thing for almost two whole years now. They acquired all these young guys because some of them are going to be good. The ones not playing good on any given night get benched. 

Biggest reason we lost, besides getting out hustled is Fournier and Ross just didn't have it. It's really not a knock on them it's what they are, inconsistent.Poor shooting doomed us, and many will say poor fourth quarter defense. Really, they were just younger and quicker and the shots fell for them, it's the NBA it happens.

Honestly we are going to win some games next month and i'm going to enjoy watching those games. My biggest hope is we have good health, so we can evaluate everyone these last two months. I hope we get Fultz and Bamba healthy and get them some minutes, even in the G-league.

I need to understand your indentation methodology.

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's kind of scary how important Isaiah briscoe is to this team

I commented on Robbins's article this morning with this exact point.  The way the 2nd unit plays with Grant instead of Briscoe is night & day.  Grant's complete lack of a handle means he can't go anywhere, and I've been saying since the start of the season that that completely torpedoes offensive sets.  Whereas Briscoe can break down his man, get into the paint, and either score or kick, Grant starts every possession just trying to maintain possession near midcourt until someone flashes to the top of the key to save him.

The silver lining is that Markelle Fultz is on this roster.  I've had to remind myself of that recently b/c it just slips my mind since he's not physically with the team.  He's a better version of Briscoe even if his shoulder never gets any better.