Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Raptors - Sunday, Feb. 24th at 3:30 P.M.

13 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

It’s not a slump when it’s the norm. He’s shooting just 29% from mid range yet continues to hoist them up at a high clip. His efficiency from 10-16ft is actually lower than last year. Most of his shooting is lower or the same. Just not a lot improvements. 

He needs to drive more. He’ll be having an off-shooting night like against the Bulls yet continue to jack up 3’s. Which is fine if you’re a shooter but he isn’t. If it’s not falling he shouldn’t be leading the team in 3 pointers attempted. I think he was 0-7 at one point against the bulls. 

Maybe he needs a better PG. 

The mid range stuff he should do less. 

But most of those threes were wide open in zones where he's shooting 41% on the season. We shouldn't complain about those. He just needs to make them

53 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

The mid range stuff he should do less. 

But most of those threes were wide open in zones where he's shooting 41% on the season. We shouldn't complain about those. He just needs to make them

Agreed. Mid range should be late shot clock stuff.

4 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Agreed. Mid range should be late shot clock stuff.

Yeah. It's the worst thing he does. Compared to his shot selection last year it's been a major improvement though. 

I don't really have any complaints about how Gordon's been playing lately or how he's being used. He's facilitating a lot more. He's improving as a weakside help defender. He's rotating well and executing switches (which sounds easy but it's the one major issue Isaac has had lately). He's not hunting for shots at inappropriate times. He's upped his free throw rate. 

He just needs to do what he's doing but make shots. And stop taking 14 foot fades

Just now, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

If I had AG's physical abilities most of the time I'd be like get the F out of my way, I'm going to the hole really hard!

Smaller players bait him into offensive fouls when he does that

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

When I used to play I would bait smaller players into taking a charge from me very early in the game. After 1 time they would get out of the way for the rest of the game. There is no additional penalty for a REALLY HARD charge and most guys didn't want to go flying again. LOL

51 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah. It's the worst thing he does. Compared to his shot selection last year it's been a major improvement though. 

I don't really have any complaints about how Gordon's been playing lately or how he's being used. He's facilitating a lot more. He's improving as a weakside help defender. He's rotating well and executing switches (which sounds easy but it's the one major issue Isaac has had lately). He's not hunting for shots at inappropriate times. He's upped his free throw rate. 

He just needs to do what he's doing but make shots. And stop taking 14 foot fades

That's how I've felt of late. He LEADS the second unit well, keeps the ball moving, looks super comfortable out there. I really love that it seems he has a well defined role on the team that he can finally GROW in. 

48 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

When I used to play I would bait smaller players into taking a charge from me very early in the game. After 1 time they would get out of the way for the rest of the game. There is no additional penalty for a REALLY HARD charge and most guys didn't want to go flying again. LOL

My coach used to say "if you're gonna foul make it worth it" lol 

54 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

If I had AG's physical abilities most of the time I'd be like get the F out of my way, I'm going to the hole really hard!

Time for Vooch to teach Gordon some hook shots for real

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

That's actually one of my complaints. Too many times he bulldozes his way through the lane without any clear idea on how to utilize his athletic ability.  He needs to add more finesse around the rim or simply just start jumping from further out using his hang time to catch a foul in the air. 

With that said he is doing a better job of attacking he just needs to refine it so that he can minimize those offensive fouls which lead to more mid range jumpers.    

1 minute ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

That's actually one of my complaints. Too many times he bulldozes his way through the lane without any clear idea on how to utilize his athletic ability.  He needs to add more finesse around the rim or simply just start jumping from further out using his hang time to catch a foul in the air. 

With that said he is doing a better job of attacking he just needs to refine it so that he can minimize those offensive fouls which lead to more mid range jumpers.    

I was going to come up with a big post about how the league is screwing him by calling things like that but giannis has almost double the offensive fouls on the year. Think charges are just too prevalent. 

17 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I was going to come up with a big post about how the league is screwing him by calling things like that but giannis has almost double the offensive fouls on the year. Think charges are just too prevalent. 

Yea I think Gordon's problem is it just isn't visually appealing when it happens to him. Unfortunately there is an art to it and he has to start selling those fouls. He will figure it out though. I'm not too worried.