TrueMagicFan07

Magic vs Bulls - Friday, February. 22nd @ 7:00 P.M.

9 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

How was this a fluke? This was the magic team we’ve seen for long stretches this year. We had a nice 6 game winning streak that I stayed skeptical of knowing our history and this loss proved my concerns. 

Yes, it is only 1 game. The season isn’t over or anything close to that. But don’t say this was a fluke game. The warriors losing to the bulls would be a fluke loss. 

We have a chance to continue the winning streak in front of our home crowd against a 14 win bulls team and we blow it. That’s one of the more “magic” losses of resent memory. Pathetic. Actually had me angry. I even looked for tickets after work but couldn’t find any good deals. I’d be so disgusted if I was at the game. I was just starting to “believe” again and they pull this sh**. 

Lets see what happens in the Toronto game. If they want to prove this was a FLUKE then go beat Toronto. 

Yeah, our overall talent isn’t that high. Guys like Lauri, Lavine and Porter are at least as talented as anyone we have so losing to them is far from a fluke.

We are well coached but when you don’t have the talent to overwhelm other teams, you can lose to anyone, especially when they start hitting 3s.

That, and we have a lot of mental midgets like DJ who I could just tell was going to miss at least one free throw. He’s had the yips from the ft line for a few games.

And AG’s foul was one of the dumbest things I have ever seen 

I saw this somewhere else and I laughed, but it’s so true...this could actually be the worst loss of the 7 years we’ve been rebuilding — mainly because of what it meant for us with regards to finally breaking through into the playoffs through this awful awful drought. 

Hornets and Detroit also won. We really needed this win. 

Isaac really has to get more aggressive. He can’t just be a spectator. When he’s engaged and making plays we are a much better team. When he’s not we’re not very good 

1 hour ago, magicblue said:

Isaac really has to get more aggressive. He can’t just be a spectator. When he’s engaged and making plays we are a much better team. When he’s not we’re not very good 

Yep, hopefully he notices that with the loss. 

What I don't understand is when Birch was guarding Lopez, why was there no help when Lopez was out muscling and man-handling Birch under the basket (making easy lazy ups). I can't remember if Isaac was in the game during those mismatches.

13 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

What I don't understand is when Birch was guarding Lopez, why was there no help when Lopez was out muscling and man-handling Birch under the basket (making easy lazy ups). I can't remember if Isaac was in the game during those mismatches.

Robin Lopez had 2 points and 0 rebounds the 2.5 minutes he played with Birch on the court

19 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Robin Lopez had 2 points and 0 rebounds the 2.5 minutes he played with Birch on the court

Okay, it clears that up. But I do remember that several times Lopez was able to out muscle whoever was guarding him at center and there was no help. I intended to bring it up during the game. 

This loss just felt horrible. All the missed FTs and Gordon with the terrible foul at the end. It just felt like we gave it to them. Hopefully this loss stung our players quite a bit and they use it as motivation.