TrueMagicFan07

Magic vs Bulls - Friday, February. 22nd @ 7:00 P.M.

9 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

You always say that. Obviously they don’t. But if you want to say tonight was a fluke then prove it by winning your next game against a team that doesn’t suck. 

But one doesn't have to do with the other. 

We don't need to prove anything. We just need to make it to 39 wins. If we beat Toronto that's cool but if we don't it doesn't really mean anything. 

I don't view this loss as a fluke either. I'm not even buying the "rust" excuse. The Magic were just not focused and did not play with the same intensity as they did during the winning streak. There were mistakes made all over the place. The execution just was not there. As has already been mentioned, the Bucks had a week off also.

Edit:  The Bulls had a week off also.

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

We don't need to prove anything. We just need to make it to 39 wins. If we beat Toronto that's cool but if we don't it doesn't really mean anything. 

That’s great. You have your magic number and system that works for you. I’d like to actually be able to beat good teams not just teams with losing records. If that’s all we’re playing for then what’s the point? 

You do realize we’ll have to play a team with a winning record in the playoffs right? 

6 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I agree. You explained it better than I could have.

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Yes. This is what rust is

Did Chicago not have time off?

Did Gordon have a world class dumb foul at the end of the game because of the all star break? 

Just sounds like a lame excuse for poor play IMO. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

That’s great. You have your magic number and system that works for you. I’d like to actually be able to beat good teams not just teams with losing records. If that’s all we’re playing for then what’s the point? 

You do realize we’ll have to play a team with a winning record in the playoffs right? 

It's a process dude. Let's take baby steps. While I am no fan of making the playoffs with a losing record just getting there will do wonders for this team. At this point I don't care how we get to the playoffs we just need to make it happen.

On another note I intentionally avoided this thread so I wouldn't freak out. We lost one we should have won and now we have to win one we should lose. Big deal. On to the next!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

It's a process dude. Let's take baby steps. While I am no fan of making the playoffs with a losing record just getting there will do wonders for this team. At this point I don't care how we get to the playoffs we just need to make it happen.

On another note I intentionally avoided this thread so I wouldn't freak out. We lost one we should have won and now we have to win one we should lose. Big deal. On to the next!

Well said.  

24 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

We've already beat good teams. We have a 19-16 record in conference. We've beaten every Eastern conference team. What's another win against Toronto really going to prove?

We just need to get into the playoffs. If that comes by beating the great teams coming up, cool. If it comes by beating the bad teams, cool. It doesn't matter. We don't get extra points because we've won the season series against Boston or if we win the season series against Toronto. 

28 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Did Chicago not have time off?

Did Gordon have a world class dumb foul at the end of the game because of the all star break? 

Just sounds like a lame excuse for poor play IMO. 

Rust doesn't have to effect teams equally. 

This isn't that tough to understand. It doesn't take a great basketball mind to see what happened tonight. 

7 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

We've already beat good teams. We have a 19-16 record in conference. We've beaten every Eastern conference team. What's another win against Toronto really going to prove?

We just need to get into the playoffs. If that comes by beating the great teams coming up, cool. If it comes by beating the bad teams, cool. It doesn't matter. We don't get extra points because we've won the season series against Boston or if we win the season series against Toronto. 

Beating a likely playoff opponent post ASB is far better barometer of where we are and where we can be than beating Chicago at the same time or Toronto in December.  I hope you can see that.