Sign in to follow this  
fan for too long 2

Welcome Markelle Fultz glad to have ya

One thing that Orlando outsiders aren’t grasping when they say stuff like “yeah but what if you just got a PG who can never shoot?” is that we’re used to that. Like, even if he’s An Elfrid-level shooter, he brings so many more positives that Elfrid didn’t have, and we watched him for 4 years. 

I think most national people get that we didn’t give up much, but I don’t think they get that side of Magic fan psyche. Like, OK if he can’t shoot he’s still the best PG we’ve had in years. 

2 minutes ago, ML6 said:

One thing that Orlando outsiders aren’t grasping when they say stuff like “yeah but what if you just got a PG who can never shoot?” is that we’re used to that. Like, even if he’s An Elfrid-level shooter, he brings so many more positives that Elfrid didn’t have, and we watched him for 4 years. 

I think most national people get that we didn’t give up much, but I don’t think they get that side of Magic fan psyche. Like, OK if he can’t shoot he’s still the best PG we’ve had in years. 

Elfrid wasn't bad because he couldn't shoot. 

Elfrid was bad because he couldn't shoot, was the worst player in the league at defending the pick and roll, and disappeared completely too often.

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Elfrid wasn't bad because he couldn't shoot. 

Elfrid was bad because he couldn't shoot, was the worst player in the league at defending the pick and roll, and disappeared completely too often.

Yeah, my point is that Fultz in theory at his worst shares only the shooting woes. Hence being an upgrade even if that never improves. 

2 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Yeah, my point is that Fultz in theory at his worst shares only the shooting woes. Hence being an upgrade even if that never improves. 

Yep. 

18 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Expectations vs upside

If we could get 20 valuable backup minutes from him next season and he stays healthy than he's gonna be fine :)