Sign in to follow this  
fan for too long 2

Welcome Markelle Fultz glad to have ya

Just now, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Clifford probably lol.

I really wanted Monk here and he was attainable.

Fultz Monk Isaac Gordon Bamba would be something to be excited about 

They didn't want to give him up to get Marc Has. Not sure he was really available

I understand not wanting to give up Monk for a potential FA. Now, would they consider Monk for a mid-lotto or mid-teens pick? 

Man, if Fultz can really turn it around and get back on the right development path, we are golden. I'm rooting hard for him.

9 minutes ago, King Close said:

For the most part we’re all very happy, but the one true question we all have is... Fultz4thewin, or Markelle4thewin?

I've been thinking about that a lot actually lol.

Fultz4thewin breaks the usual rule but it gets extra points for being alliterative. 

I hope Fultz becomes good friends with JI as he is a quality dude and answers to a higher power; perhaps he can help Fultz with his inner demons. We are the perfect spot for Fultz and I hope JI, Bamba, Iwundu and Fultz live at our gym this summer. AG will most likely train in Cali, but would be nice if he stayed home. 

I’m still a bit shocked. This is the type of move that builds trust between the fans and the FO, and it’s not just this isolated move in a vacuum.

It’s that they turned inconsequential/marginal/mediocre assets into the chance at changing the franchise. This is the type of thing we’ve been wishfully dreaming of for a few years. Hell, none of us seriously thought Fultz would be available for something other than Ross. Even if it doesn’t work out, this is a bet you take everytime.

As far as I’m concerned, WeltHam should get the benefit of the doubt until they give us reason to retract it. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I've been thinking about that a lot actually lol.

Fultz4thewin breaks the usual rule but it gets extra points for being alliterative. 

If we re-sign Ross I will not stand for it being anything other than TRoss4thewin 

• Upvote 1

It is still surreal to have a bonafide #1 overall pick. No one was picking anyone over Markelle with that pick. He could be the best point guard prospect of the past 5 years. This is crazy

13 minutes ago, ML6 said:

I’m still a bit shocked. This is the type of move that builds trust between the fans and the FO, and it’s not just this isolated move in a vacuum.

It’s that they turned inconsequential/marginal/mediocre assets into the chance at changing the franchise. This is the type of thing we’ve been wishfully dreaming of for a few years. Hell, none of us seriously thought Fultz would be available for something other than Ross. Even if it doesn’t work out, this is a bet you take everytime.

As far as I’m concerned, WeltHam should get the benefit of the doubt until they give us reason to retract it. 

I'm right there with you. It feels like we just won the draft lottery! I know there's no guarantees here, and some things need to play out just right, but it's amazing how the parts now seem to fit right into place. We no longer have to overspend on a guy Rozier in the hopes he can become a starter, and we can focus on development and team building and add the one or two missing ingredients over time. Our future has gone from fairly cloudy to pretty rosy essentially overnight. I hope I'm not being overly optimistic here but something about this move just feels right

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

It is still surreal to have a bonafide #1 overall pick. No one was picking anyone over Markelle with that pick. He could be the best point guard prospect of the past 5 years. This is crazy

It’s important to realize he shouldn’t be viewed as the number 1 pick here. He’s a guy we traded Sinmons and a protected late first for. Like Woj said, our FO loves what he could be but we have to remember there is a reason he was just traded for so little. 

Im as happy as anyone but we need to have realistic expectations. He’s not the #1 pick for us. He doesn’t need those expectations to live up to. He’s already in a weird place mentally with things he needs to come here knowing we aren’t demanding production of a #1 pick. 

Patience is going to be key. Hopefully people don’t flip on him as quickly as they have Bamba. 

5 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

It’s important to realize he shouldn’t be viewed as the number 1 pick here. He’s a guy we traded Sinmons and a protected late first for. Like Woj said, our FO loves what he could be but we have to remember there is a reason he was just traded for so little. 

Im as happy as anyone but we need to have realistic expectations. He’s not the #1 pick for us. He doesn’t need those expectations to live up to. He’s already in a weird place mentally with things he needs to come here knowing we aren’t demanding production of a #1 pick. 

Patience is going to be key. Hopefully people don’t flip on him as quickly as they have Bamba. 

Expectations vs upside