Sign in to follow this  
fan for too long 2

Welcome Markelle Fultz glad to have ya

Thoracic outlet syndrome, like others have said, is an "injury" more common to baseball pitchers than basketball players.  I wonder if a lack of experience in that area lead to the Sixers medical staff not being able to identify his issue sooner.  

Hopefully Fultz has got the best people now helping him, but it might behoove the Magic to talk to the Rays medical staff about it.  Alex Cobb, a former Rays pitcher, was diagnosed with this early, and after having a vestigial rib bone removed was able to come back ok from it.  

I hear a lot of people saying he has a bad shoulder as if it's a rotator cuff or a labrum; this is not a structural injury in the traditional sense.  Nerves are a strange thing to deal with, and it seems Weltman has some understanding of the uncertainty present, and patience needed.  

There have also been some spurious and possibly malicious rumors that Markelle's overbearing mother has been a contributing factor to his struggles with the Sixers.  It was portrayed as almost a mini Lavar Ball situation.  Hopefully that's not the case: if it is, maybe a more low-key environment can minimize that.

*edit: funny you should post that, eyes.

49 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm really excited for this. Clifford has got the best out of a few guards in the past so this could be really good for everyone involved.

I'll send you a PM regarding fantasy, bro