Sign in to follow this  
DirtDan2012

Magic @ Hawks 3:00 Game Time

I think Cliff is enamored with slowing things down with Vooch because he is afraid of turnovers when playing up tempo. One thing that is good about Vooch is he can get you some easy points down in the post. However AG can get this done as well as Bamba eventually.

5 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

I would say try to steal Mike Conley off of the crashing Grizzlies but they are more likely to deal Gasol. 

A little on the small side. DSJ from Dallas perhaps ?

2 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

T-Ross with 7 assists ? Usually the only time he passes the ball is when it slips out of his hands. Lol. Good to see though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

I think Cliff is enamored with slowing things down with Vooch because he is afraid of turnovers when playing up tempo. One thing that is good about Vooch is he can get you some easy points down in the post. However AG can get this done as well as Bamba eventually.

Oh I do not want a world where Bamba posts are a big part of the offense. 

Spot up shots. Stuff on the move as a dive man. Attacking closeouts. Dump offs. Putbacks. 

That's it. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Oh I do not want a world where Bamba posts are a big part of the offense. 

Spot up shots. Stuff on the move as a dive man. Attacking closeouts. Dump offs. Putbacks. 

That's it. 

Me either. I was just wondering if we do trade Vooch who can get us some easy points in the post ?  Also if we do get into the playoffs it's more of a half court style of play and things slow down quite a bit.

12 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

Me either. I was just wondering if we do trade Vooch who can get us some easy points in the post ?  Also if we do get into the playoffs it's more of a half court style of play and things slow down quite a bit.

Post ups are some of the least efficient shots in basketball and the whole league is moving away from them

29 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

A solid point guard for Vooch perhaps ? Someone who can get the ball to AG and the fellas in a more up tempo style of play ?

Nope, won't work with Vuc. The few times that I have seen our team on a fast break, Vucevic takes his time and jogs back at a snails pace. His teammates are already back waiting for him to take his usual position under the basket, and that's when the ball movement slows down.

23 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Nope, won't work with Vuc. The few times that I have seen our team on a fast break, Vucevic takes his time and jogs back at a snails pace. His teammates are already back waiting for him to take his usual position under the basket, and that's when the ball movement slows down.

I played for a lot of years with a center Vuc's size and speed and the rest of the team able to get out and run. We planned on our center to trail and he was deadly with straight on 3s.

32 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

2 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I played for a lot of years with a center Vuc's size and speed and the rest of the team able to get out and run. We planned on our center to trail and he was deadly with straight on 3s.

Pairing Vuch with a ball dominant or playmaking PG only diminishes the positives Vuch actually brings. Vuch needs the ball in his hands to be effective. How exactly does a PG who creates for everyone or dominates the ball himself help Vuch any? If anything Vuch becomes less of a factor and provides very little.