Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic vs. Nets - Friday, January 18 @ 7 :00 P.M.

59 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

We all should make a pact to just start turning games off at halftime and just pretend we're watching the best team in the East. 

Count me in.

1 hour ago, ML6 said:

Our collective happiness would be significantly higher.

I couldn't watch the game last night because I was at a wedding.  I checked my phone twice during the game.  The first time I checked it was halftime -- 67-54.  Sadly, my first thought was "well at least it'll be close at the end so we have a chance".  Second time I checked it was 116-114 Brooklyn, 22 seconds left.  It hurt to know exactly how it would go down.

We played really well too. 

Our downfall was really just vucevic and Fournier failing to close the game out on offense and periodic defensive lapses. 

8 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

We played really well too. 

Our downfall was really just vucevic and Fournier failing to close the game out on offense and periodic defensive lapses. 

We played fairly well in the first half although the way Brooklyn was playing we should have broken the game open in that half.  

We're the 9th best team in the league in January in the first half. We have a 113.2 offensive rating and a 106.9 defensive rating. Both numbers are in the top 12. If we played that way consistently we'd literally have the same net rating as Golden State this season. 

We're the 27th best team in the league in January in the second half. We have a 101.6 offensive rating and a 111.8 defensive rating. That offense is bottom 5, defense is 19th. If we played that way consistently we'd be almost identical to Chicago this season. 

What the ***** is going on at halftime?

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

We're the 9th best team in the league in January in the first half. We have a 113.2 offensive rating and a 106.9 defensive rating. Both numbers are in the top 12. If we played that way consistently we'd literally have the same net rating as Golden State this season. 

We're the 27th best team in the league in January in the second half. We have a 101.6 offensive rating and a 111.8 defensive rating. That offense is bottom 5, defense is 19th. If we played that way consistently we'd be almost identical to Chicago this season. 

Clifford 

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

We’re not good enough. Not talented enough. Not mentally strong enough to sustain excellence. 

5 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

We’re not good enough. Not talented enough. Not mentally strong enough to sustain excellence. 

Nah. Not good enough would manifest itself more in first halves. 

20 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Booze?   Maybe hold the party until after the game?

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Maybe guys aren't getting along? This year many of us have commented on how it appears everyone gets along. In years past we all picked up on every reason we thought they weren't getting along. Idk we don't know **** lol. 

Maybe it's just role. First half Gordon gets too many shots Fournier and Vuch disengage (Vuch made a comment about getting his ass in gear a few games back). Vuch or Fournier get too many shots and Gordon disengages (Gordon's post game comment about T-Ross only getting good looks in that overtime loss).

Who knows?

The confirmation bias in me wants to blame this on vucevic isolations late in the game. There's some evidence to support that but typically Gordon hasn't played well in fourth quarters either. 

Vuc Fournier and Ross combined to shoot 3 for 14 last night in the fourth quarter. 

Maybe it all just comes down to lacking a primary creator

12 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Not true. Good first half can stem from good scouting, preparation, game plan, by staff. Talent and mental strength  will keep you above water when you have nothing else.

We’re not good enough man. You don’t always need to dissect it to such molecular levels to see the obvious. We are who we’ve been. We’ve been through coach after coach. We need to change this roster.

Just now, ?4thewin said:

The confirmation bias in me wants to blame this on vucevic isolations late in the game. There's some evidence to support that but typically Gordon hasn't played well in fourth quarters either. 

Vuc Fournier and Ross combined to shoot 3 for 14 last night in the fourth quarter. 

Maybe it all just comes down to lacking a primary creator

You got it bud!