Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic vs. Nets - Friday, January 18 @ 7 :00 P.M.

3 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Not true. Good first half can stem from good scouting, preparation, game plan, by staff. Talent and mental strength  will keep you above water when you have nothing else.

We’re not good enough man. You don’t always need to dissect it to such molecular levels to see the obvious. We are who we’ve been. We’ve been through coach after coach. We need to change this roster.

Nah. I think a lot of this is just how we're getting the shots late in games. I'm not sure our overall talent is that bad. We lack a guy that can go get a bucket. Vucevic or fournier isos aren't good options. 

Like a guy like mudiay isn't that good but he can get where he wants on the court, run a pick and roll, and force his way into free throws. Same deal with someone like Jeff Teague. 

Thats pretty much the difference between us and a 6-8 seed right now. 

16 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

The confirmation bias in me wants to blame this on vucevic isolations late in the game. There's some evidence to support that but typically Gordon hasn't played well in fourth quarters either. 

Vuc Fournier and Ross combined to shoot 3 for 14 last night in the fourth quarter. 

Maybe it all just comes down to lacking a primary creator

I think it’s this combined with having zero real crunch time players. Everyone will point to Evan and Vooch’s game winners, but where are the plays when we have a 4th quarter lead that keep us from needing  a game winner?

Also, and this is only specific to last nights game, if Gordon doesn’t get hurt, we win.

12 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Nah. I think a lot of this is just how we're getting the shots late in games. I'm not sure our overall talent is that bad. We lack a guy that can go get a bucket. Vucevic or fournier isos aren't good options. 

Like a guy like mudiay isn't that good but he can get where he wants on the court, run a pick and roll, and force his way into free throws. Same deal with someone like Jeff Teague. 

Or someone like DSJ...;)

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

We played really well too. 

Our downfall was really just vucevic and Fournier failing to close the game out on offense and periodic defensive lapses. 

Hmmm... This commentary/reality has been the same for the last several years. 

Here’s the thing... Does our front office expect Fournier and Vooch to improve over the next couple of months, let alone years? If not, why are we building this whole system around them???

36 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Here’s the thing... Does our front office expect Fournier and Vooch to improve over the next couple of months, let alone years? If not, why are we building this whole system around them???

Vucevic, I get, even if it’s flash in a pan contract year, his advanced numbers are off the charts.

I’ve never understood the over reliance on Evan. He should be a slightly above average 3 and D guy and that’s about it.

It's not even really a vucevic problem tbh. It's a "here you go buddy, take the ball and bail us out" problem. He's not good enough to do that. It's really easy to defend. 

51 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Not sure I agree with that narrative completely.  Isn’t 114 enough to win?   I see two problems, neither of which would be helped by a Jeff Teague:

1.  Our defensive intensity drops when we get a lead, and actually our willingness to put in effort to get good shots offensively also seems to wane. 

2.  Related to #1, no killer instinct, no ability to turn it up even further when we have another team in trouble.  Instead we seem satisfied with having accomplished what we did, and almost invite the other team to get back in the game.  More attitudinal than talent, maybe due to prolonged losing.  I thought Clifford might be able to break them out of this, but lately I’m not seeing it.