Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Jazz - Wednesday, January 9 @ 9 P.M.

28 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

What leads you to believe Gordon should be a force down low? Furthermore it's 2019 why would we want him there?

Have you looked at his body lately?  Dude he is looking more and more like Karl Malone. Did u see what he did to Royce O’Neal last night. And I know it’s 2019 but post scoring is a need on any team who wants to play inside out. I’m not saying he should be there exclusively. 

44 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Gordon should be a force in the post. We need someone to teach him foot work and leverage down there. 

I definitely think his post game needs work. I have noticed that a good post game usually isn’t developed in a player unless they are not benefited by supreme athletism or as they get older and start to lose a step.

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I feel like I'm tired and I'm not conveying my point correctly.

Our ideal move is to trade a couple pieces for a great point guard. Push dj to the bench. Fix the team short and long term that way. 

But if those deals aren't out there we have easy short term moves that won't make us a significantly better team than we are now but will stop some of these losses from a lack of bench scoring. 

There's no excuse to not at least make minor roster tweaks. 

I get what you’re saying and I hope you’re right and that these moves, which sound very doable, get done.  On the other hand, I’m not willing to give the starters a total pass on last night since the whole team only scored 30 points in the second half.  How much did the starters score in the first half?

34 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I get what you’re saying and I hope you’re right and that these moves, which sound very doable, get done.  On the other hand, I’m not willing to give the starters a total pass on last night since the whole team only scored 30 points in the second half.  How much did the starters score in the first half?

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Ok. I guess the starters don’t play very many minutes as a unit, then.  Is that an issue, since they seem to be a pretty good unit based on the numbers?

39 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Ok. I guess the starters don’t play very many minutes as a unit, then.  Is that an issue, since they seem to be a pretty good unit based on the numbers?

It is but it's not really feasible to play them more unless you go to all bench units. 

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

It is but it's not really feasible to play them more unless you go to all bench units. 

Ok that makes sense.  But doing the math, if you plan to play the starters 30 minutes, which seems reasonable, you can have them together as a unit for 24, and still have enough minutes left to keep at least one starter in at all times.

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

Ok that makes sense.  But doing the math, if you plan to play the starters 30 minutes, which seems reasonable, you can have them together as a unit for 24, and still have enough minutes left to keep at least one starter in at all times.

We can definitely play them a little more but it's tough to play them 24 minutes together but also have Isaac play backup 4.