Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Jazz - Wednesday, January 9 @ 9 P.M.

11 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

That’s because our starter IS our backup.

I know :(

I’ve been stating that our lack of consistency at point guard has hurt this team and the development of our young guys for years. It requires the young guys to 1. Force their offense 2. Get accustomed to losing basketball.

19 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Marshon Brooks?  Difference maker???  He's shooting 28% from 3.

Are you confusing him with Dillon Brooks?  It's a common mistake.

Maybe Mel Brooks?

On 12/25/2018 at 9:26 AM, JJZFL said:

The problem with that is that most of our players don’t consistently hit open shots.  Part of the reason is the total emphasis on length in our drafting, rather than shooting.  As many of us have been saying for years, the team needs more shooting.  

On 12/25/2018 at 10:36 AM, ?4thewin said:

We really don't though. 4 of our top 8 are currently above average shooters. Fournier should be in that group but he's being impacted by that early year slump still. 

In December we're 12th in three point percentage and 12th in made threes per game. 

Shooting isn't really a problem. And over the past few games it's not the typical poor shooters that's causing any issues. Iwundu is at 50%, Gordon 40%, Isaac 38%. Vucevic is at 17%, Ross at 27%, Augustin at 33%.

8 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

The good news is I don't think we need something substantial to start winning these games. Just need a couple guys who can score. 

It's no accident that we're struggling on offense, the team has been built on purpose with a number of lengthy or athletic players who aren't reliable scorers.  There's been concern about this forever.

As far as the statistics about the starters being +7 and having good offensive and defensive ratings, it's true but I think it's also partially misleading.  We have to step back and realize that the team as a whole scored 63 points in the first half, and 30 in the second half.  Something about the whole team changed in the second half.

48 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Marshon Brooks?  Difference maker???  He's shooting 28% from 3.

Are you confusing him with Dillon Brooks?  It's a common mistake.

We need guys who can create their own offense off the bench. He's someone who can do that. 

18 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

It's no accident that we're struggling on offense, the team has been built on purpose with a number of lengthy or athletic players who aren't reliable scorers.  There's been concern about this forever.

As far as the statistics about the starters being +7 and having good offensive and defensive ratings, it's true but I think it's also partially misleading.  We have to step back and realize that the team as a whole scored 63 points in the first half, and 30 in the second half.  Something about the whole team changed in the second half.

Shooting still isn't a big deal. We made 13 threes and shot 39% from three last night. 

We scored at a pretty normal rate with the starters in the second half too. They were outscored by 5 but that's pretty typical. 

We need a guy who can create some offense on his own to balance the bench and help Ross out. 

I feel like I'm tired and I'm not conveying my point correctly.

Our ideal move is to trade a couple pieces for a great point guard. Push dj to the bench. Fix the team short and long term that way. 

But if those deals aren't out there we have easy short term moves that won't make us a significantly better team than we are now but will stop some of these losses from a lack of bench scoring. 

There's no excuse to not at least make minor roster tweaks. 

25 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I feel like I'm tired and I'm not conveying my point correctly.

Our ideal move is to trade a couple pieces for a great point guard. Push dj to the bench. Fix the team short and long term that way. 

But if those deals aren't out there we have easy short term moves that won't make us a significantly better team than we are now but will stop some of these losses from a lack of bench scoring. 

There's no excuse to not at least make minor roster tweaks. 

I concur...... more depth would also be great.

3 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Gordon should be a force in the post. We need someone to teach him foot work and leverage down there. 

What leads you to believe Gordon should be a force down low? Furthermore it's 2019 why would we want him there?

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

They stopped moving the ball and settled for shots that they missed. It’s been an ongoing theme for years.