Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic @ Kings

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Depends on what improved 2nd point guard play means. 

If you get a good starter and push Augustin to the bench that might fix quite a bit. 

Being able to run Augustin-Ross and two starters on the floor at all times looks better than what we have now. 

So....Conley lol. We are screwed! 

3 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

Honestly some of the players just lack trust in themselves and their teammates. I know when I play if I'm taking it in and anytime I kick out it results in a miss, I rather just go up myself. Which I think is the reason ball movement stops and shots are forced

You have a good point. That happens consistently in our games and players just start jacking up horrible shots and stall ball movement 

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Depends on what improved 2nd point guard play means. 

If you get a good starter and push Augustin to the bench that might fix quite a bit. 

Being able to run Augustin-Ross and two starters on the floor at all times looks better than what we have now. 

I agree, that sort shift with an acquisition of a starting caliber PG could fix a lot. Having those two off the bench would help the second unit so much. 

3 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Well early in the season he called them out when he felt they weren’t giving maximum effort.  For whatever reason he’s stopped doing that.  I get it’s a balancing act because he doesn’t want to destroy what’s left of their confidence, but I liked it better when he held guys responsible.  

I’ve been asking myself that. I remember in one game him specifically saying we lost the game because our bench didn’t play. And I wonder why he stopped. I think team morale has reached a low point that he doesn’t want to break the thin ice out team is on confidence wise. And that to me is a bad sign. Change needs to happen. Just don’t fire Cliff!

Just now, Air00Gordon said:

I’ve been asking myself that. I remember in one game him specifically saying we lost the game because our bench didn’t play. And I wonder why he stopped. I think team morale has reached a low point that he doesn’t want to break the thin ice out team is on confidence wise. And that to me is a bad sign. Change needs to happen. Just don’t fire Cliff!

I mean he's probably doing that in the locker room. Just because he's not ****ting on Simmons to Josh Robbins doesn't mean it's not happening

2 minutes ago, Air00Gordon said:

Some players respond to being called out. Others are a totally different story. Although if I remember correctly didn't the Magic respond positively the last time he called them out ?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Air00Gordon said:

Yeah it seems he hesitates and shoots scared.

Bamba does the same thing at times. It seems like it shows up more with the corner triples.

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I mean he's probably doing that in the locker room. Just because he's not ****ting on Simmons to Josh Robbins doesn't mean it's not happening

On top of that our problems aren't really effort related. It looks like we are trying until we get too far behind. While we would all like for our team to claw back from 20+ down it really isn't something that comes that easy. I said it earlier before the game started but Clifford changing the rotations was the beginning of the realization or at least the outward acknowledgement of this roster not being up to par.