Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic @ Kings

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

2. I think the ball sharing was fine until we went down. Then guys panic. 

4. I think the long twos were more a function of the shot clock than design

9. I'm not sure we're over helping but we're not rotating correctly. The helper wasn't getting back. We'd make the first rotation correctly but not the second. 

2. We are passing the ball, but the movement seems to be down. Could just be me though, I haven't re-watched the beginning of the game.

4. I agree that they are a bit due to shot clock situations, but I watched him multiple times put himself bad positions. I don't think it is necessarily by design, but he also is not doing himself any favors.

9. Yeah, I think that might be a better way to put it. Basically, one player would go to help or take a switch, another player would rotate over to the vacated guy, then, boom, open guy in the opposite corner.

10 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

The Kings play 10 times harder than we do

Very underrated 'skill'. 

You'd think guys getting paid this much to play basketball, a game they love, training so hard and being so physically fit, you'd think playing hard would be mandatory, something that just comes with the game at this level. But it seems this isn't the case. Other teams have this issue but I think we'd be one of the bigger improvers if everyone just played hard every possession, every game.

If our shots aren't falling we're cooked. At least if you play hard you can still grind out a lot of wins by making it as hard on the opponent as possible.

8 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

During this stretch where we've lost 4 of 5 games Evan is hitting 51% of his field goals, 50% of his threes, 86% of his free throws. He's only taking 10 shots per game we need him shooting more. 

THIS. I mentioned before that the games where Fournier plays well - we lose. I sincerely believe Fournier’s selfishness is reflected in better appearing stats that is not conducive to getting other players involved, thereby resulting in losses.

Not only is he selfish, but when he is good, he doesn’t inspire other players to play well. Since his game winning shot against Detroit, the team has looked atrocious. 

11 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

THIS. I mentioned before that the games where Fournier plays well - we lose. I sincerely believe Fournier’s selfishness is reflected in better appearing stats that is not conducive to getting other players involved, thereby resulting in losses.

Not only is he selfish, but when he is good, he doesn’t inspire other players to play well. Since his game winning shot against Detroit, the team has looked atrocious. 

How is he selfish when his usage is way down and he, along with Gordon, leads the team in "potential assists" lately?

You're making things up to create a scapegoat out of a player you don't like. 

I could understand if he was taking 18 shots per game. I could understand if he was ignoring open players to force things to vucevic like he did a bunch last year. But the guy's been mostly fine at worst. 

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

How is he selfish when his usage is way down and he, along with Gordon, leads the team in "potential assists" lately?

You're making things up to create a scapegoat out of a player you don't like. 

I could understand if he was taking 18 shots per game. I could understand if he was ignoring open players to force things to vucevic like he did a bunch last year. But the guy's been mostly fine at worst. 

It's funny because if not for that slump people would be singing his praises. Fournier although upgradeable is definitely serviceable. 

10 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

It's funny because if not for that slump people would be singing his praises. Fournier although upgradeable is definitely serviceable. 

I'm not even a huge fan of his. I'm just put in the position to defend him this year.