Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic @ Kings

Just now, Imago said:

Are people here seriously blaming the coach?

Not me. I was just joking around about his pressers being repetitive because he seems to be running out of answers as to why his team can't make open shots, etc. Clearly the players have not been able to get things done consistently. 

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

We struggle in all lineups that aren't Augustin-Fournier-Gordon-vucevic. 

Bench lineups with Augustin, vucevic, and 3 bench guys are bad. Lineups with Gordon and Fournier and 3 bench guys are bad. 

Plug in Simmons, Ross, Isaac, or iwundu with the starters and it's great but there aren't any bench lineups that are positive in real minutes (our garbage time lineup is good but that's fake data). 

So our starters are fine together but not good enough to make up for the awful bench play. That is actually a scary realization. Even with an improved 2nd PG we may very well just be a slightly improved version of this garbage. 

Best moment for me was when Martin started to fall on his face towards the end and David Steele with the perfectly timed “uh-oh”.  I started laughing so hard I nearly fell off my chair.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JJZFL said:

Best moment for me was when Martin started to fall on his face towards the end and David Steele with the perfectly timed “uh-oh”.  I started laughing so hard I nearly fell off my chair.  

Yeah..... That was pretty damn funny.

What do the Magic do if they are essentially out of playoff contention by the trade deadline ? Does that change their strategy in terms of a trade ? Will they potentially use that as an excuse not to make a major deal and hold onto this core bunch of players ?

Honestly some of the players just lack trust in themselves and their teammates. I know when I play if I'm taking it in and anytime I kick out it results in a miss, I rather just go up myself. Which I think is the reason ball movement stops and shots are forced

1 minute ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

So our starters are fine together but not good enough to make up for the awful bench play. That is actually a scary realization. Even with an improved 2nd PG we may very well just be a slightly improved version of this garbage. 

Depends on what improved 2nd point guard play means. 

If you get a good starter and push Augustin to the bench that might fix quite a bit. 

Being able to run Augustin-Ross and two starters on the floor at all times looks better than what we have now. 

10 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

Yeah Cliff is a decent coach. His pressers have to be brutal. That is why they come off as repetitive because it gets to the point where what else can you say ?

Well early in the season he called them out when he felt they weren’t giving maximum effort.  For whatever reason he’s stopped doing that.  I get it’s a balancing act because he doesn’t want to destroy what’s left of their confidence, but I liked it better when he held guys responsible.  

1 minute ago, J-Mac said:

Honestly some of the players just lack trust in themselves and their teammates. I know when I play if I'm taking it in and anytime I kick out it results in a miss, I rather just go up myself. Which I think is the reason ball movement stops and shots are forced

Yeah. 

2 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I met David at a Magic game back in 2012. He is a cool dude. Nick Anderson was cool too.

• Upvote 1