Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
?4thewin

Magic @ clippers

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Honestly just taking Simmons plus our pick for a good 6th man would help a ton. 

We need talent man. Do we want to ever be good or what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

We need talent man. Do we want to ever be good or what?

One is more readily available than the other. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

One is more readily available than the other. 

**** just has to get done. Tired of giving them passes while other teams are figuring it out. Get the **** done. Before you know it will be 2030 and Alex will be like “lol told y’all”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

**** just has to get done. Tired of giving them passes while other teams are figuring it out. Get the **** done. Before you know it will be 2030 and Alex will be like “lol told y’all”.

Nobody is available. Teams don't just give away great players. They hold on to them until their situation changes. 

Mike Conley might be available soon but that's about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ?4thewin said:

Nobody is available. Teams don't just give away great players. They hold on to them until their situation changes. 

Mike Conley might be available soon but that's about it. 

It doesn’t have to be someone great at this moment but at least someone who potentially can be. Beal, DSJ, etc. At some point we have to expect the front office to do their jobs instead of being like one of us. Just because we don’t hear so and so is available doesn’t mean so and so can’t be traded. Good GM’s get it done. They see what they need and they get aggressive. We evaluate...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

It doesn’t have to be someone great at this moment but at least someone who potentially can be. Beal, DSJ, etc. At some point we have to expect the front office to do their jobs instead of being like one of us. Just because we don’t hear so and so is available doesn’t mean so and so can’t be traded. Good GM’s get it done. They see what they need and they get aggressive. We evaluate...

Couldn't of said it better myself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

It's been this way for seasons and seasons now. Even under Vaughn there'd be games where you thought "ok this young core could be really good someday" then the next game would be a game that made you think nobody on the roster was even an NBA caliber player. Several coaches, a front office and like 5 top 10 picks later and we're still here just marginally less bad.

 

3 hours ago, MagicOne said:

The losing culture here over the last 6 years has led to some bad habits among the core group of players. It might be a hard habit to break. Losing became somewhat acceptable with no accountability. Now that they are beginning to lose again it seems like bad habits are creeping in again.

A few of us, much reviled and insulted on this forum, warned six years ago that the decision to tank (get rid of every decent veteran, hire unproven coach who wouldn’t hold anyone responsible, build team entirely with combination of very young mediocre players and washed up vets) in the hope of hitting the draft jackpot could lead to just these results.  

I was hoping Clifford could finally start getting the team out of this hole we dug for ourselves.  He certainly seems to try to hold the players responsible, more so in my opinion than previous coaches. On the other hand, it’s about this time in the season that we’ve collapsed the past few years.  

Next 2-3 weeks should reveal whether it will be worth watching the Magic after January.  That was my main benchmark as to whether this season would be a success. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

No it's not. It's worth a try.

Isaac/Bamba tandem worked better at beginning of season. Isaac’s offensive numbers were up coming off the bench.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

Isaac/Bamba tandem worked better at beginning of season. Isaac’s offensive numbers were up coming off the bench.

The Isaac Bamba tandem played 16 minutes together for the first 16 games and had a net rating of -54

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No team built around AG and Fournier will ever be a contender. I've said this for years now. The franchise needs a drastic overhaul, again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eskobar said:

No team built around AG and Fournier will ever be a contender. I've said this for years now. The franchise needs a drastic overhaul, again.

This team isn't built around either of them....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×