Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic vs. Pistons - Sunday, December 30 @ 3:30 P.M.

I like when AG focuses on D, push the ball on break, but mostly  lets the offense come to him. That’s when he’s at his best. He’s not really are creator. 

• Upvote 1

Needed contribution from our 3 season MVPs, vuc-ross-dj

Still waiting to see more consistency from gordon (is being effective lately, why not give him more touches) bamba isaac and simmons.

Give credit when it´s due. nice touch in the buzzer beater by fournier.

hopefully dj´s injury is not too serious, we cannot afford to lose him when we are fighting for the 8th seed.

The fact that AG can effectively guard both Kawhi Leonard and Blake Griffin is incredible. I know his defensive numbers and effort were down last year so it’s real nice to see him buy back in to that side of the ball. He has DPOY potential, for sure.

Another great DJ and Vucevic game and another appearance of clutch Fournier. Terrified of our potential PG rotation tonight with DJ and Simmons both potentially out. So foolish to only have one capable point guard on the roster for this long, but what can ya do. If they’re both out, Grant is for sure starting, just wonder who becomes the ninth man. Does Clifford force Briscoe or do we see AG or Evan get backup PG minutes and play Martin?

6 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

The fact that AG can effectively guard both Kawhi Leonard and Blake Griffin is incredible. I know his defensive numbers and effort were down last year so it’s real nice to see him buy back in to that side of the ball. He has DPOY potential, for sure.

Another great DJ and Vucevic game and another appearance of clutch Fournier. Terrified of our potential PG rotation tonight with DJ and Simmons both potentially out. So foolish to only have one capable point guard on the roster for this long, but what can ya do. If they’re both out, Grant is for sure starting, just wonder who becomes the ninth man. Does Clifford force Briscoe or do we see AG or Evan get backup PG minutes and play Martin?

Gordon doesn't have dpoy potential. His value is on ball defense. I like on ball defense as a skill for team construction but he'll never have the gross team defensive stats that gobert provides with his off ball rim protection or the counting stats with blocks and steals. 

That's fine though. 

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Gordon doesn't have dpoy potential. His value is on ball defense. I like on ball defense as a skill for team construction but he'll never have the gross team defensive stats that gobert provides with his off ball rim protection or the counting stats with blocks and steals. 

That's fine though. 

I guess I’ve always appreciated great man-to-man defense versus hunting for stats, but I guess you’re right. Eflrid got defensive player of the year his last season in college pretty much on steal count alone.

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

That's fine though. 

Isaac does though.

And he might be in the conversation of best on-ball defender in the league eventually. (But you have to be of Kawhi's caliber to be considered DPOY candidate as a on-ball wing defender- DPOY is basically a center's award).

Also, was just looking through prior winners. KG only has one DPOY and Duncan has zero, which doesn't sound right.

4 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

That's fine though. 

Would AG liken to our Iguoudala or Bruce Bowen? 

Hes a keeper. 

And I agree with a previous poster. AG is so much better when he lets the game come to him instead of forcing things.

3 hours ago, Catalina Maria said:

Would AG liken to our Iguoudala or Bruce Bowen? 

Hes a keeper. 

And I agree with a previous poster. AG is so much better when he lets the game come to him instead of forcing things.

Don’t really like either comparison. He’s a better shooter than Iggy ever was and he’s a better creator than Bruce ever was