Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Suns - Wednesday, Dec. 26th at 7:00 P.M.

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

No you can't. We've literally seen this happen. 

Your abject pessimism aside, this team, even after trading vucevic and Ross for picks will still end up with 28 wins or so. Just like last year where we had a rotation of Payton-Simmons-Fournier-speights-Biyombo Augustin-Mack-iwundu- hezonja and won 4 of 5 games. Phoenix's owner got insulted by an old lady so they won't tank but the odds of us out tanking Cleveland, New York, Chicago, and Atlanta after being spotted 5-6 games in the win column isn't likely. And with lotto odds the way they've been changed the third best lottery odds has a 60% chance of picking outside of the top 3. 

So it'd be dumb to tank now

Ok fair and valid points. How about if they were to lose 14 out of 16 or something along those lines ? Surely that would put them back in the running for the bottom 3 ? Right now they sit at number 7 in the lottery. Only 6 teams are worse than they are. It would just be a total disaster if they were to miss out on the playoffs and finish just below the 16 playoff teams.

2 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I used to say the Kings were the only franchise who was in a worse situation than us, but this year we've officially become the worst organization in the NBA

Rolling my eyes super hard over here

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

Ok fair and valid points. How about if they were to lose 14 out of 16 or something along those lines ? Surely that would put them back in the running for the bottom 3 ? Right now they sit at number 7 in the lottery. Only 6 teams are worse than they are. It would just be a total disaster if they were to miss out on the playoffs and finish just below the 16 playoff teams.

Sure. Normal teams go through stretches where they go through losing streaks. 

A losing streak like that would necessitate major changes. 

Good news is that Miami lost tonight. Charlotte is in double OT vs Brooklyn. Magic are only 2 games behind  for the 8  spot. Anything is possible. Wouldn't surprise me to see them beat Toronto on Friday night. This season has been a roller coaster.

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Rolling my eyes super hard over here

Since Dwight left, any NBA fan would have us as one of the most irrelevant teams in the league. If you factor in playoff contention or good play by young players, I have us as dead last right now.

Your posting style is so positive that it almost makes it seem like you're on the team's payroll, but I don't think that's necessarily what's best for the team. The front office has to be called out on its BS and apathy.

• Upvote 2

All negative Nancyism's aside, if someone would have asked me back in early November how I would feel about the Magic only being 2 games out of the 8 spot in the East the day after Christmas I would have said "I'll take it!"

On 11/12/2018 at 9:41 PM, SameStoryDifferentYear said:

No sense even watching the next two games folks. The Magic have no chance to win either of those games. NONE. Butler and then LeBron will carve up the Magic defense like a Thanksgiving turkey. Add to this that the Magic are horrible at home and you can see why they have no chance folks. NONE. 

On 11/12/2018 at 9:46 PM, SameStoryDifferentYear said:

Dude I can't help it that I am always right with my predictions. I am never wrong. NEVER. And I have an over all 83 percent rate  of correct predictions to back that up. 

On 11/12/2018 at 9:50 PM, ?4thewin said:

Ok I just banned that guy. It's obvious he wasn't interested in actually contributing to the community.

2 hours ago, MagicOne said:

Russell I sure hope you are right. Unfortunately whenever I call a Magic loss it always seems to happen. In fact I looked it up and whenever I call a Magic loss I am never wrong NEVER. I have been correct when I do so 88 percent of the time.

Hmmmm.....

4 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Since Dwight left, any NBA fan would have us as one of the most irrelevant teams in the league. If you factor in playoff contention or good play by young players, I have us as dead last right now.

Your posting style is so positive that it almost makes it seem like you're on the team's payroll, but I don't think that's necessarily what's best for the team. The front office has to be called out on its BS and apathy.

MP I can certainly understand your frustration here. I feel the same way when it comes to this basketball team. I am sure that 4TW feels the same way as well. He likes to keep things positive in here. Nothing wrong with that. We all want what is best for the Magic. Nobody is necessarily wrong or right. It's a roller coaster ride of emotions for sure.

I've heard that Orlando is eyeing rozier and Russell in FA and they would rather trade Simmons instead of Ross. But if we do trade Vuch, Evan and Simmons what are we looking for in return, more young players, late 1st round draft picks?

2 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

I've heard that Orlando is eyeing rozier and Russell in FA and they would rather trade Simmons instead of Ross. But if we do trade Vuch, Evan and Simmons what are we looking for in return, more young players, late 1st round draft picks?

Definitely trade Simmons before Ross. And if all three go there has to be something decent in return. Only way I would pull the trigger on any potential deal or deals.

Honestly I do not care who we trade as long as our beloved team gets back to fighting for championships ASAP. My loyalty is with the franchise not any 1 player. 

1 minute ago, Jay Magic said:

Honestly I do not care who we trade as long as our beloved team gets back to fighting for championships ASAP. My loyalty is with the franchise not any 1 player. 

Not sure if you remember Doc Rivers and his heart and hustle team ? Guys like Matt Harpring, Darrel Armstrong, Bo Outlaw. Every one of those guys would play harder than the other. Diving on the floor for loose balls. Giving 110 percent every night and on every play. No super stars. Just players who gave max effort night after night. That was the epitome of a true team.