Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Suns - Wednesday, Dec. 26th at 7:00 P.M.

9 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

The starting lineup had a 159.3 offensive rating and a 85.2 defensive rating last night

It shot 73% from the field, 67% from 3. Had 8 assists to 3 turnovers. Outscored Phoenix 43 to 23. 

Sad thing is - management is probably going to blow things up. Magic panics like us, the fans. 

3 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Alright, I think the biggest thing our team has suffered from is not playing the young guys enough or giving them the keys.

There are different philosophies, some people think rookies have to earn their minutes, while others think they should play through their mistakes right away. I lean more towards the latter, because I think rookie contracts are pretty short and you need reps to improve and learn the NBA game. I'd even understand playing a single season as a backup and then getting the starting spot, so I'm more worried about how we're treating Gordon and Isaac than Bamba.

Isaac is the guy we have who has the most potential to become a star. He's already great defensively, but his offensive game is as rudimentary as it gets. We can all agree that he'd be a phenomenal player if he developed an off the dribble game and a 3 pt shot that didn't look like a broken catapult. You don't develop those skills if you just camp in the 3pt line and watch Fournier and Vuc do their thing.

Now, let's discuss Vucevic. I think he's a legitimately GREAT offensive player. He has a lot of flaws (being a crybaby, and some defensive issues) but we have to make a decision on whether we want to keep him, or trade him for younger players, and I think this is the most important point I'm trying to make.

I think Vucevic could play with a star offensive player and still be very effective. ?4thewin doesn't agree, but it's fine to disagree.

I could also see him traded and I wouldn't bat an eye. What I'm trying to say is that we have to choose who we want to feature. Vucevic, or BIG

This halfway BS is what I think can't happen. We've recently lost to the Bulls on the road and the Suns at home. Our players are starting to scream at each other and you can just see the losses coming. There's no way we're making the playoffs if we don't make a move this season.

It's just like fantasy basketball. If you have a team that's so-so at every category, you won't be able to win in the long run. You have to choose 5 or 6 categories and build your team around that, letting go of players that break your strategy.

And I don't necessarily think we have to tank. The pictures and gifs are just for comedic value. There's a difference between tanking and featuring your young players. Phoenix is featuring Ayton and Booker and they aren't tanking. They're just a lot worse than the rest of the West right now

A great example of what you are saying is Fox in Sacramento. You could see the drive yet he just needed coaching, playing time and an adjusted roster. We need to aim for the same philosophy with BIG.

Just now, Soul Bro said:

A great example of what you are saying is Fox in Sacramento. You could see the drive yet he just needed coaching, playing time and an adjusted roster. We need to aim for the same philosophy with BIG.

What boggles my mind is that other teams in the league feature their young guys, with a few exceptions.

I truly believe Weltman and Hammond are just happy cashing cheques and Alex Martins and company are happy being the 10th best team in the East year in and out.

6 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

What boggles my mind is that other teams in the league feature their young guys, with a few exceptions.

I truly believe Weltman and Hammond are just happy cashing cheques and Alex Martins and company are happy being the 10th best team in the East year in and out.

Isaac isn't exactly hurting for minutes. 

Again, you're arguing against diametrically opposed ideas. You can't simultaneously argue "we should give the young guys minutes to make mistakes" along with "we need to win this game at all costs". 

12 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I really hope this isn’t true.

I mean attendance is still solid but that’s mainly because half the fans are either fans of the away team or tourists just catching an nba game while they take a break from Disney. 

I give Weltman & Hammon through this summer to really make an impact on the roster. I’d have to think if there was a realistic trade out there for Ball/Russell/Fultz they would go for it. Maybe it’s just not there. I’m sure they’re listening to calls on Vuch/Fournier/Ross but maybe just holding out for the right deal.

Idk. We’ll see. Im to the point where I’m sick of watching this same team play. I know how this story ends. Running the offense through Vuch & Fournier. DJ starting. Grant backing up. I’ve just lost interest in it. I spend more time on here then I do actually watching games.

I’m not saying I want to tank because we’ll probably either draft the wrong guy or miss out on the blue chip player by 1 pick—but I need a change to the roster. If it doesn’t come till this summer so be it—but it better come by before next season. 

5 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I mean attendance is still solid but that’s mainly because half the fans are either fans of the away team or tourists just catching an nba game while they take a break from Disney. 

I give Weltman & Hammon through this summer to really make an impact on the roster. I’d have to think if there was a realistic trade out there for Ball/Russell/Fultz they would go for it. Maybe it’s just not there. I’m sure they’re listening to calls on Vuch/Fournier/Ross but maybe just holding out for the right deal.

Idk. We’ll see. Im to the point where I’m sick of watching this same team play. I know how this story ends. Running the offense through Vuch & Fournier. DJ starting. Grant backing up. I’ve just lost interest in it. I spend more time on here then I do actually watching games.

I’m not saying I want to tank because we’ll probably either draft the wrong guy or miss out on the blue chip player by 1 pick—but I need a change to the roster. If it doesn’t come till this summer so be it—but it better come by before next season. 

I don't know what their philosophy is. Mostly because we haven't seen them do jack ****. I don't mind waiting until the end of the season, either. Because Vucevic is a free agent and something will have to be done, one way or the other.

22 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

We’ve seen it before, yes. Last year same thing. But we were evaluating. This year what has changed?  I guess the only one they were evaluating was Vogel. And Payton  smdh

3 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

We’ve seen it before, yes. Last year same thing. But we were evaluating. This year what has changed?  I guess the only one they were evaluating was Vogel. And Payton  smdh

Hate this FO

6 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Don't forget letting Shelvin Mack go and bringing a worse backup PG, and moving Biyombo's contract for another albatross Center with an extra year

1 minute ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Don't forget letting Shelvin Mack go and bringing a worse backup PG, and moving Biyombo's contract for another albatross Center with an extra year

But but but they drafted Giannis......that’s bought them years of credibility apparently. 

7 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

But but but they drafted Giannis......that’s bought them years of credibility apparently. 

Lol true. We've had a Bucks fan on RealGM say that Weltman and Hammond are incapable of putting a coherent roster together... I'm not holding my breath