Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic vs Heat - Sunday, Dec. 23 @ 6:00 P.M.

2 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

We need to stop shooting 3’s!! This is A good example on how much we are in need of a facilitator and playmaker. 

And we need a team leader like Draymon (sp) Green or LeBron. . .someone who is vocal and tries to fire the team up. It seems like the guys on the magic are choir boys, if you get what I'm trying to say.

Just now, Magicpassion said:

Wait till we lose to the Suns then we can officially start to highlight traceable players and embrace the tank again. We look pathetic! Bring on the trades.

I have them losing to the Suns. And yes that will be the straw that will trigger some things.

Just now, magicmacd75 said:

Steve has got to make adjustments to his lineups. Teams have figured us out and nothingnis being done to adjust. Same lineups and rotations.

I agree, but he is just waiting for management to make the necessary changes for him to adjust the lineups. :)

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

And we need a team leader like Draymon (sp) Green or LeBron. . .someone who is vocal and tries to fire the team up. It seems like the guys on the magic are choir boys, if you get what I'm trying to say.

I do. They are still too young to take that leadership role. 

1 minute ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Yes good call. I am with ya there. They need an enforcer type. Someone who will take care of bidness. This team just sits back and takes a beating.

2 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

100% agree with this. We have been missing a leader on this team for years. There is a cancer on this team that needs gone. Not hard to figure out. 

1 hour ago, MagicOne said:

There will be no comeback tonight. That I can tell you. That I can tell you. I can read the body language out there and I am not liking what I see.

I think someone owes MagicOne an apology.  ;)

9 minutes ago, magicmacd75 said:

Steve has got to make adjustments to his lineups. Teams have figured us out and nothing is being done to adjust. Same lineups and rotations.

Very much agree.

The thing that kills me is that every year we have a gaping hole at point guard and don’t address it. At this point, I’d just assume try running AG as our point guard and run a four wing starting lineup.

On 12/20/2018 at 9:30 PM, JJZFL said:

I agree with you about their shooting.  However, Clifford made the following points in his post game press comments:

1. SA got 21 transition/fast break points in the first half and coming into the game they were 30th in the league in transition points.  If our guys don't get back on defense, we make them look better than they really are.  He said you don't win any games where you give up 21 transition points in a half, and that it's just effort, just a matter of running back.

2. They have excellent 3 point shooters.  Part of dealing with that is getting up close enough so that they're forced to put the ball on the floor.  When you don't do that, and according to him the Magic didn't, again the lack of defense makes them look good by allowing them to play to their strengths.

So Clifford was not sanguine about this loss, our third blowout in the last five.  The two victories were at such high altitude that everyone was having trouble playing, so hard to know how to interpret them.  He could have said the team played hard and SA was just having a great night, but he didn't say anything like that.  His word for the Magic level of play was "terrible".

On 12/20/2018 at 11:30 PM, ?4thewin said:

It was terrible. 

It's also pointless and/or forgettable as long as we continue to beat the teams we're better than. 

It's why this logic doesn't really work.  Leaving aside the question as to why we think SA on the road should be much better than a Magic team with a similar record playing at home,  it's not like the Magic can play poorly against good teams and then turn it on and play well against bad teams.  They have to play hard all the time, otherwise the same negativity comes back and affects the whole team.  And then we start losing to bad teams too.