Sign in to follow this  
Drakestravels

Fan goes to Mexico City to watch Magic

I'm a season ticket holder and made the trip to Mexico City for the Saturday game against the Utah Jazz. It was an awesome experience with over 20,000 in attendance and of course a Magic win. Some of the fan differences - everyone cheered for both teams. Basically they enjoyed the sport and wanted to see good plays. Kind of funny seeing folks cheer for both teams and not just their favorite unlike a visiting or home team fan. Also the fans whistled a lot which was the equivalent to fans clapping in the U.S.  Of course a lot of the announcements were in spanish and they had a fan fest in the arena versus outside. A really neat experience taking our game to a different country and good to see we came back with 2 wins! Made a brief Youtube from the trip - check it out.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/21/2018 at 10:35 PM, Drakestravels said:

I'm a season ticket holder and made the trip to Mexico City for the Saturday game against the Utah Jazz. It was an awesome experience with over 20,000 in attendance and of course a Magic win. Some of the fan differences - everyone cheered for both teams. Basically they enjoyed the sport and wanted to see good plays. Kind of funny seeing folks cheer for both teams and not just their favorite unlike a visiting or home team fan. Also the fans whistled a lot which was the equivalent to fans clapping in the U.S.  Of course a lot of the announcements were in spanish and they had a fan fest in the arena versus outside. A really neat experience taking our game to a different country and good to see we came back with 2 wins! Made a brief Youtube from the trip - check it out.

Interesting comments and thanks for sharing that experience.  The only part I'm not sure about is whether both teams were really getting cheered equally, and especially about whether whistling is equivalent to clapping.  I think whistling is actually equivalent to booing, and there was a lot of whistling go on at the end of both games when the Magic went to the line in crucial end of game foul shot situations.