Odin

Trade Thread

16 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's not about them being untouchable. It's about responsible asset management. I love dsj. I had him second on my draft board. But Gordon/Isaac and a free agent point guard this summer is a smarter option than just DSJ. 

I agree totally. I don't think the Magic are necessarily willing but rather hesitant to trade any of BIG because we haven't quite yet seen the line up with a PG who can facilitate and bring out potential in other players. I can imagine that WeHam are being very stern on their offer with Dallas.

The one guy who I feel has a 0% chance of being included is Isaac.  We had the chance to draft DSJ a year ago and took Isaac.  Nothing has changed IMO that would cause us to want a mulligan on that.

So yeah like maybe Gordon or Bamba have a 1% chance of being involved (although either would be incredibly stupid).  But like we looked at DSJ vs. Isaac not long ago and already chose.

34 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's not about them being untouchable. It's about responsible asset management. I love dsj. I had him second on my draft board. But Gordon/Isaac and a free agent point guard this summer is a smarter option than just DSJ. 

Not disagreeing with this at all. DSJ was the guy I wanted clearly in that draft but he comes with just as many question marks as Issac does at this point IMO. I don’t think any player (Smith/JI/AG) are homerun gets. I guess I just don’t agree with people saying those dudes are untouchable. I get people being paranoid after the Dipo trade but still. 

15 minutes ago, King Close said:

I think it would require our 1st this year. 

Yeah i'm feeling it's not a big return for them, but it does help them with the point guard situation for this year and next. 

I can't see anything from our side that does not include our pick, except someone from B.I.G.

4 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Not disagreeing with this at all. DSJ was the guy I wanted clearly in that draft but he comes with just as many question marks as Issac does at this point IMO. I don’t think any player (Smith/JI/AG) are homerun gets. I guess I just don’t agree with people saying those dudes are untouchable. I get people being paranoid after the Dipo trade but still. 

No one is saying they're untouchable. Just that we aren't interested in giving up one of them to get DSJ.

5 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Nobody has said those guys are untouchable. They said they're untouchable in a trade with Dallas given the return. 

What if Dallas has an offer for Jordan from another team and just wants Vuch from us?

This is entirely possible, i know they have been massively disappointed with Deandre. Perhaps they covet Vuch and his bird rights so they can sign him after they go free agent shopping next summer. 

wrong week to be in a training session for work. Should be paying attention to important things but I'm so distracted.