Odin

Trade Thread

31 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I don’t know about that. I agree that we need a point guard badly, but it’s a nice option to play through him in certain situations at the right price. Denver does a nice job of it. He may be too pricy so we will have to see. We have a lot of comfort knowing that we can drop the ball in the post and get a basket; other then TRoss know one can create like that. 

He's in a contract year. There's a decent chance he declines next year. 

If you resign him you're likely stuck with him. He's not going to get more valuable after his next contract. Everyone is going to have money. You aren't going to get him on a discount. 

We are operating with limited resources. It doesn't make sense to waste a significant chunk of those resources on a player like vucevic when we have a cheap viable replacement available in Bamba and cheap decent backups are plentiful in free agency. Every year there's a Randle or dedmon out there for 5 million or less. 

He's playing good this year but sometimes you can't keep every good player. You're looking at what vucevic is today through the context of this roster where he's asked to facilitate more than he should. As soon as you get a better player in here that's going to decline. 

My wife bought us an instant pot this summer when it went on sale. It's a really cool gadget that's getting a lot of use in our weekly cooking. It's something that we use 3-4 times per week. 

Recently, ninja came out with the "foodi" that does everything the instant pot does plus it's an air fryer. It's $180. My wife wants it but we won't air fry that much. It's undoubtedly better than the instant pot. It's not worth the money because the value of the benefits don't outweigh the cost considering I already own something that does 95% of what the foodi does. We can spend that $180 on something else we need and get more value out of it. 

Same situation as Bamba and vucevic. 

Bamba is going to be good. He's going to be good enough to be a starting center next year. He can pass and shoot and defend and looks skilled doing things on the court. He'll give you 95% of vucevic's value pretty soon. Why waste money on vucevic that can be spent better elsewhere?

• Upvote 1

Love.... the Instant Pot..... you can download app from play store with awesome recipes or YouTube any dish you want by stating it in search and adding instant pot and it will show multiple versions of your inquiry. I wouldn’t waste your money on an air fryer unless you don’t have a convection oven because that’s all it is. 

Is Vuc worth 15mil a year with incentives and team option on year 4? That’s what I would consider, but he probably wants 20+ which I would pass on. 

6 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Love.... the Instant Pot..... you can download app from play store with awesome recipes or YouTube any dish you want by stating it in search and adding instant pot and it will show multiple versions of your inquiry. I wouldn’t waste your money on an air fryer unless you don’t have a convection oven because that’s all it is. 

Is Vuc worth 15mil a year with incentives and team option on year 4? That’s what I would consider, but he probably wants 20+ which I would pass on. 

Vucevic isn't worth more than 1 year to me. I don't want to get stuck paying him and limiting Bamba's development and not having money to pay a point guard. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

My wife bought us an instant pot this summer when it went on sale. It's a really cool gadget that's getting a lot of use in our weekly cooking. It's something that we use 3-4 times per week. 

Recently, ninja came out with the "foodi" that does everything the instant pot does plus it's an air fryer. It's $180. My wife wants it but we won't air fry that much. It's undoubtedly better than the instant pot. It's not worth the money because the value of the benefits don't outweigh the cost considering I already own something that does 95% of what the foodi does. We can spend that $180 on something else we need and get more value out of it. 

Bamba is going to be good. He's going to be good enough to be a starting center next year. He can pass and shoot and defend and looks skilled doing things on the court. He'll give you 95% of vucevic's value pretty soon. Why waste money on vucevic that can be spent better elsewhere?

Spending the money on the Ninja Foodi is an investment. You will not regret it. You just need to learn how to use the air fryer. You will see better results in your meals, not to mention the health benefit. 

But when it comes with Vucevic I do agree with you. 

14 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Vucevic isn't worth more than 1 year to me. I don't want to get stuck paying him and limiting Bamba's development and not having money to pay a point guard. 

That is how I feel with Ross as well. I do not think we should not extend him at the moment. Lets see what is out there and explore trade options with him. 

If nothing bites then I will just sign him in the offseason at a reasonable contract . 

If we trade fournier then I will agree with you in offering him a contract extension. 

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

That is how I feel with Ross as well. I do not think we should not extend him at the moment. Lets see what is out there and explore trade options with him. 

If nothing bites then I will just sign him in the offseason at a reasonable contract . 

If we trade fournier then I will agree with you in offering him a contract extension. 

I think the difference is there's not a ton of guys who are better than Ross in the same archetype. We have a vucevic replacement on the roster

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Look at an Anova sous vide immersion cooker. It will re-define how you prepare proteins as well as lots of other things. I bought one last December and I use it about 1-2 times a week. Perfectly cooked beef and chicken. Of all the kitchen gadgets I own this one I truly swear by. Best investment I've ever made.

7 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Look at an Anova sous vide immersion cooker. It will re-define how you prepare proteins as well as lots of other things. I bought one last December and I use it about 1-2 times a week. Perfectly cooked beef and chicken. Of all the kitchen gadgets I own this one I truly swear by. Best investment I've ever made.

I'm interested in that but I feel like it's going to bring me down a rabbit hole of brulee torches among other things

14 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I think the difference is there's not a ton of guys who are better than Ross in the same archetype. We have a vucevic replacement on the roster

Fair.. but i still rather wait.  Dont get me wrong, I am a fan of him but we are in need of a PG and his trade value is likely higher as an expiring rather than a multiyear contract. 

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm interested in that but I feel like it's going to bring me down a rabbit hole of brulee torches among other things

Nah..... I bought a small torch and haven't used it once. All you need is a good cast iron skillet or grill and you're set. You'll never cook a dried piece of meat again with sous vide. If you haven't tried it you should. You won't be disappointed. Trust me.....