Odin

Trade Thread

The bottom line is we are going to try and make the playoffs.

I would ride it out with Vooch and let him walk if needs be in the summer & that is 12 mil cap space.

Unless we can get a good young player in return and it blows us away.

If i am being honest i really think we are gonna make the playoffs. 

I'm still yelling around the internet about a Mike Conley trade. 

Just need Memphis to keep losing. 

We get Conley and Mack

We send out our 2019 pick top 3 protected, vucevic, Augustin, and Simmons. 

Memphis reroutes vucevic to one of the teams in the stories and gets another first. 

Could also probably send Augustin to Phoenix for a second rounder and an expiring. 

Two firsts and clearing a ton of cap room for Conley is a pretty good deal. 

15 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Why would we want an undersized 31 year old point guard with a lot of miles and injury history on him?; our core’s average age is 22. 

And for all that matter, who's going to start when Conley's injured?  Briscoe? Grant? . . No thanks.

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Why would we want an undersized 31 year old point guard with a lot of miles and injury history on him?; our core’s average age is 22. 

I'm glad you asked. 

He keeps us good now and over the next 2 seasons. 

He's above average at everything you'd want from a point guard. 

His money expires along with fournier. It's the summer we resign Isaac, Gordon and Bamba are on the last years of their deals. It's a natural "reset" point if Isaac and Bamba don't develop as expected. You have significant money available (in the 50+ million ballpark even with free agent signings and draft picks) to pivot wherever you want or blow the team up entirely if the young guys suck. 

It's the season giannis, Lillard, McCollum, beal and all the rookies from the Fultz, Lonzo, dsj draft are free agents (among many others). 

Basically it gives us a shepherd for the young guys to guide them into the playoffs and develop them without excuses of talent or fit holding them back. 

It also punts the "find a young point guard" questions to three summers from now. Ideally we'd be more of a free agent destination after winning a bit. 

10 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

And for all that matter, who's going to start when Conley's injured?  Briscoe? Grant? . . No thanks.

giphy.gif

Shelvin Mack

4 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

You're kidding. On a one year contract, right?. . .Still, no thanks!

For the rest of this year.

This summer we have a 9.3 million mle to sign a good backup

I can see your angle on that, but I’d like to see what we look like at the deadline and if we’re rolling try and get a point guard using Simmons, Burch, Grant or picks depending on return. Burch’s recent play may raise some eyebrows. 

43 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm still yelling around the internet about a Mike Conley trade. 

Just need Memphis to keep losing. 

We get Conley and Mack

We send out our 2019 pick top 3 protected, vucevic, Augustin, and Simmons. 

Memphis reroutes vucevic to one of the teams in the stories and gets another first. 

Could also probably send Augustin to Phoenix for a second rounder and an expiring. 

Two firsts and clearing a ton of cap room for Conley is a pretty good deal. 

I just couldn’t. Injuries and money? 

I much rather grab Conley than risk it with the likes of Fultz, Ball, Russell, ect. With the expected winning finding a replacement for Conley should be easier then than it is finding one for DJ now. Is it that bad if he only plays 65 games?

I like the deal. Conley has been playing very well this year and there has been no issues with injuries. 

What I dont like is giving them our first round pick with only 1-3 protection. I will do 1-10 protection or offer them the OKC pick instead.

Other than that, I like the deal.