Odin

Trade Thread

13 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Honestly this has been the problem for the last 3 seasons. It's not that we  haven't had offers, i bet they were terrible. Now, it's our fault. Lack of a facilitator and coaching schemes have made our players look terrible around the trade deadline.If my memory serves we had injuries as well. 

This is such a huge problem i think we are cursed. We have two expiring players, finally healthy and playing their best at the deadline, but we also look good!

I think it's best to look at it this way. If we do not trade them and use bird rights, we will come back next year with the same team, at best. just taking a casual look we have the money to sign a third rate pg and draft a non lottery player. Most likely another project.

This is the price for getting a 7th or 8th seed. resigning two highly inconsistent players who maybe just had a career year?

I feel you but I also feel this.

Trying to now think of some trades that could help our playoff run feel free to jump in.. also do any of you feel that fournier is crucial to our team chemistry right now? Would trading him derail us from the playoffs?

- Simmons and an unprotected for DSJ?

- Birch and okc pick for Brogdon?

- Grant and a top 15 protected for Mudiay?

- Grant and a pick swap for Rozier (if his stock keeps plummeting and tensions keep building)

- Fournier grant and lottery protected for Crabbe and Russell?

- Simmons Grant and okc pick for Lin?

- Fournier mozgod unprotected 1st for Conley

- Fournier for Reggie Jackson

29 minutes ago, magicblue said:

Bamba for DSJ? Re-sign Vuc

IMO In a trade for DSJ I think we should have the upper hand. They drafted a guy that rendered DSJ expendable and let it be known that he may not be in their plans for the future. We drafted guys (Bamba and Isaac) that to other teams knowledge we are happy about and ready to pass the torch to. Sure Cuban may want Bamba but hell I want Doncic!

I think an unprotected pick that would basically act as a redo for their pick would be fair. Plus they can get Simmons who they can cut and save a couple million next season if I understand that situation correctly.

34 minutes ago, magicblue said:

Bamba for DSJ? Re-sign Vuc

What sense does it make to pair a bunch of dynamic hyper athletic players with a slow plodding back to the basket guy?

8 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

What sense does it make to pair a bunch of dynamic hyper athletic players with a slow plodding back to the basket guy?

I'm just trying to think of a deal that balances us out and gives us a chance to add a young PG with upside to our roster. Vuc could still be moved on his subsequent contract.

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Yep.

Unless it's for a solid long term piece we're going to keep vucevic and let him walk

I would not be surprised if we kept him on either