Odin

Trade Thread

11 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

1. It's hard to develop guys when you have had incompetent point guard play

2. It's hard to develop guys when you run an old offensive system due to personnel

Looking back, I wish we never had moved on from Jameer and JJ. Yes, I loved Harris, but the presence of those two and their style of play would have meant the world for a young team.

Also we have been drafting extremely raw players for years now

When I wrote my original comment I was really trying to think of the last player this team developed and Jameer  was who came to mind. If i remember correctly he was a 4 year college player and very mature. He was the last competent point guard this team has had and even back then this board always complained about him. "Shoot first"

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Spaceman said:

When I wrote my original comment I was really trying to think of the last player this team developed and Jameer  was who came to mind. If i remember correctly he was a 4 year college player and very mature. He was the last competent point guard this team has had and even back then this board always complained about him. "Shoot first"

Yeah, the Dwight and Jameer draft was our last good draft and development and that was 15 years ago. Sad to think about. Oladipo was the right pick but we didn’t have patience with him or develop him right. Lee and Redick were good picks for where we were picking. Gordon was the right pick where we were picking but it’s hard to believe he wouldn’t have been developed better and faster elsewhere. The jury is still out on JI and Mo. It’s just been a miserable few years for us.

4 hours ago, Spaceman said:

The only problem with all these trade scenarios where we end up with draft pics is this team hasn't properly developed a young player since when? You tell me.

I believe the idea would be to use those draft picks on landing a trade not actually drafting a guy to develop. 

When it comes to Dipo I honestly don't believe he is the player he is today without that time in OKC next to Westbrook. He never reaches those heights here in Orlando. 

A lot of people mention the losing culture around here which I can recognize all though I don't put as much stock into it. For young players though I think it is hard for the majority to grasp the amount of hard work and dedication it takes to be great individually. Unlike here Westbrook was able to be a visual example for Dipo. A true leader, a hard worker, a relentless figure on the court day in and day out.

That's the main reason I want to trade Vuch and would be ok trading Fournier. We have had no one for our guys to look at and be like "damn that's how I become great. I haven't been putting in enough work."

11 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

When it comes to Dipo I honestly don't believe he is the player he is today without that time in OKC next to Westbrook. He never reaches those heights here in Orlando. 

A lot of people mention the losing culture around here which I can recognize all though I don't put as much stock into it. For young players though I think it is hard for the majority to grasp the amount of hard work and dedication it takes to be great individually. Unlike here Westbrook was able to be a visual example for Dipo. A true leader, a hard worker, a relentless figure on the court day in and day out.

That's the main reason I want to trade Vuch and would be ok trading Fournier. We have had no one for our guys to look at and be like "damn that's how I become great. I haven't been putting in enough work."

I think with Victor, the year with Russ definitely helped, but I also think he’s been so great in Indy because he’s playing with so much confidence. He’s the hometown hero. They were supposed to fall off a cliff when they traded PG, and instead they’re better than they were with George.

43 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I believe the idea would be to use those draft picks on landing a trade not actually drafting a guy to develop. 

If we were able to get Johnson and a pick for Ross from  the pelicans and then get Rozier Yabu Baynes and one of their picks for Vuc, I’d try to trade both of those picks, fournier and Simmons and birch for Beal 

After all the trades it would end up like this

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8hknygc

Rozier/Dj

Beal/Whoever we draft 

Isaac/Iwundu

AG/Yabu

Bamba/Baynes

Sign a few cheap bench guys and we got a squad 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Vucevic and Ross for Anthony Davis

who says no?! lol

I think they need to give us jrue too to make it fair

8 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

I think they need to give us jrue too to make it fair

Yeah, but you gotta make the salaries match. Only fair way would be Holiday and Davis for Mozgov, Fournier, Vucevic and Ross. Even then, I don’t know if that’s a fair trade for us. Would ask for like 3 future 1sts as well...

:)

• Like 1

Ok. Vooch for Memphis/kings pick. Ross for N.O pick. That way we have two first rounders, and then we can flip our first round pick to Dallas for DSJ. With some pick protections, and fillers for salary obv. but that would get me pumped. We can afford to flip our pick, top 3 protected to Dallas then for DSJ