Odin

Trade Thread

21 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Reading T Ross for the Pelicans 1st rounder .. would obviously need parts too?

So that's the thing. It's probably a lotto protected pick. 

I'd do it if it's only top 5 protected. 

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

Reading T Ross for the Pelicans 1st rounder .. would obviously need parts too?

Right now they are the #12 pick. If we don’t plan on resigning him and are trading Vuc too I think I’d do it. That or try to get a young talent for him. He should be highly coveted by contenders this year. I think the best move for him is still to try to trade him in a package for fultz if that’s in the cards

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

So that's the thing. It's probably a lotto protected pick. 

I'd do it if it's only top 5 protected. 

Really? You’ve been Mr. Go-for-the-Playoffs. Trading Ross for a first rounder only makes the weakest part of our team significantly weaker.

35 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Really? You’ve been Mr. Go-for-the-Playoffs. Trading Ross for a first rounder only makes the weakest part of our team significantly weaker.

You do it and hope for the best. Hard to pass up that kind of value for a guy who could leave

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

You do it and hope for the best. Hard to pass up that kind of value for a guy who could leave

Sound advice.  I like Ross a lot but there is no guarantee he signs with us (see M. Hezonja) unless we throw a lot of money his way (overpay perhaps???).  Pelicans appear to be headed for the lottery (and that chance will even be better if they trade AD).  Then if we could move Vuc to Boston and get either their Memphis (preferred) or Kings pick (both also probably lottery picks) plus Rozier I would be ecstatic.  Probability not that high but I can dream!!!

1 hour ago, Originalticketholder said:

Sound advice.  I like Ross a lot but there is no guarantee he signs with us (see M. Hezonja) unless we throw a lot of money his way (overpay perhaps???).  Pelicans appear to be headed for the lottery (and that chance will even be better if they trade AD).  Then if we could move Vuc to Boston and get either their Memphis (preferred) or Kings pick (both also probably lottery picks) plus Rozier I would be ecstatic.  Probability not that high but I can dream!!!

-So we could do Ross for Wesley Johnson and a lightly protected 1st (top 8 maybe?)

-Vuc and a second to Boston for Rozier Banes Yabu and the Kings pick

that would be 3 potential lotto picks plus the chance to demo our potential pg of the future in Rozier.... I’d be in on that for sure

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

-So we could do Ross for Wesley Johnson and a lightly protected 1st (top 8 maybe?)

-Vuc and a second to Boston for Rozier Banes Yabu and the Kings pick

that would be 3 potential lotto picks plus the chance to demo our potential pg of the future in Rozier.... I’d be in on that for sure

I like it

The only problem with all these trade scenarios where we end up with draft pics is this team hasn't properly developed a young player since when? You tell me.

1 hour ago, Spaceman said:

The only problem with all these trade scenarios where we end up with draft pics is this team hasn't properly developed a young player since when? You tell me.

1. It's hard to develop guys when you have had incompetent point guard play

2. It's hard to develop guys when you run an old offensive system due to personnel

Looking back, I wish we never had moved on from Jameer and JJ. Yes, I loved Harris, but the presence of those two and their style of play would have meant the world for a young team.

• Upvote 1