Odin

Trade Thread

11 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Sitting here flipping back and forth between this forum and Twitter like some sort of addict looking for his next fix.  Largely ignoring work despite the fact that nothing is happening.  Need some sort of trade to drop.

I don't care about Rondo dribbling with his son on the Celtics court, or why Jalen Rose thinks it's good to be traded, or last night's Top 10.  Give me a damn trade.

Your last sentence the rallying cry of a lot of Magic fans and almost everyone on this site.  As each minute goes by my pessimism grows on any significant deal.   It has gone awful quiet in the last 24 hours.  Juat hoping common sense eventually prevails for our FO and they follow the plan to build around our youth.  

Just now, Originalticketholder said:

Your last sentence the rallying cry of a lot of Magic fans and almost everyone on this site.  As each minute goes by my pessimism grows on any significant deal.   It has gone awful quiet in the last 24 hours.  Juat hoping common sense eventually prevails for our FO and they follow the plan to build around our youth.  

To be honest I didn't really even mean give me a Magic trade (although I want that).  I just want anything.  I'm bored lol.

2 minutes ago, ML6 said:

To be honest I didn't really even mean give me a Magic trade (although I want that).  I just want anything.  I'm bored lol.

It will be interesting to see the new NBA landscape.  Cannot wait until 3 pm.  I will not be as bored since I have an endoscopy scheduled at 1pm.  

4 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Not a good sign.  Today is not a usual day.  Should be on the phones.  They have done enough evaluating.  Time to build a team.

They have assistant GM's for that. 

Not sure we should read into it like that.  There was an Athletic article recently about details pertaining to how trades go down.  Apparently the vast, vast majority is done thru texting in this day in age until the very final details are being arranged, at which point people hit the phones.  They could have several options out there being deliberated on and still walk down from their offices to check out shootaround.

1 minute ago, Originalticketholder said:

Then we May need new assistant GM's soon.

No, like they have meetings about possible options. We've made our offers. If someone counters there's an assistant available to take the call and report to Hammond. He just has to walk upstairs.