Odin

Trade Thread

3 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

I think Hammond and Weltman are smart veteran guys who will know how to handle this deadline. Their jobs aren't imminently at risk, so they won't make a desperate win-now/mortgage the future trade. But I am worried that we're stuck in a middle ground that makes it hard to justify selling, which is probably better for our team in the long-term, but would be bad press and apparently not what Martins or others want. My bet is we don't make any significant moves and we try to resign Vuc in the offseason while pursuing a starting calibar point guard and run it back for yet another year. I hope I'm wrong, but I think that's where we end up.

I see that happening. I just dont want to go through another Dipo like trade.

6 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

I think Hammond and Weltman are smart veteran guys who will know how to handle this deadline. Their jobs aren't imminently at risk, so they won't make a desperate win-now/mortgage the future trade. But I am worried that we're stuck in a middle ground that makes it hard to justify selling, which is probably better for our team in the long-term, but would be bad press and apparently not what Martins or others want. My bet is we don't make any significant moves and we try to resign Vuc in the offseason while pursuing a starting calibar point guard and run it back for yet another year. I hope I'm wrong, but I think that's where we end up.

There really isn’t any starting caliber point guards next year that’s going to get us out of the rut.

Hearing rumblings in Detroit that Blake Griffin does NOT want to be with the Pistons & privately has shared he wants out. Team chemistry is an issue! Did you see this post game interview the other day in their win?! Team started 13-8. They’re now 21-27 & in 10th place.

Per Bernard Robinson

9 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Hearing rumblings in Detroit that Blake Griffin does NOT want to be with the Pistons & privately has shared he wants out. Team chemistry is an issue! Did you see this post game interview the other day in their win?! Team started 13-8. They’re now 21-27 & in 10th place.

Per Bernard Robinson

Cue rumors saying LA, NY, and BOS are interested lol

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

There really isn’t any starting caliber point guards next year that’s going to get us out of the rut.

I think you just want and are fixated on a star level PG which seems unlikely at the moment unless we somehow get Conley or Jrue in a deal. 

There are going to be a few 2nd tier level point guards available in the market that will likely get us out of the rut. You just need to be a little more open minded and not get fixated in thinking that we need to do a trade now for that to ever happen.

Here’s a small but interesting idea: If the Lakers need to add picks for their pursuit of AD, how about giving our OKC pick for Josh Hart? I like him as a 3 and D Danny Green type of guard.

46 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I think you just want and are fixated on a star level PG which seems unlikely at the moment unless we somehow get Conley or Jrue in a deal. 

There are going to be a few 2nd tier level point guards available in the market that will likely get us out of the rut. You just need to be a little more open minded and not get fixated in thinking that we need to do a trade now for that to ever happen.

If we’re going to be a real threat then yeah, we’re gonna need talent there. If DJ was a FA we’d probably be putting him in that same bracket.

Just now, KRISH10 said:

Will VUC trade value ever be this high again? 

If we resign him to a really team friendly deal and he is an all star again next year it will be

I would like for us to make a play for Dinwiddie. He is on a reasonable extension and is a system player with some size. He’s not a super star, but seems like he may fit our style. Let The Nets pay the big bucks for Russell; we’ve got time and our super star will come with winning but we certainly need a back court upgrade and depth. 

6 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I would like for us to make a play for Dinwiddie. He is on a reasonable extension and is a system player with some size. He’s not a super star, but seems like he may fit our style. Let The Nets pay the big bucks for Russell; we’ve got time and our super star will come with winning but we certainly need a back court upgrade and depth. 

He's not tradable right now