Odin

Trade Thread

1 minute ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Lol you are unproductive because of a forum post? This has that much effect on you??? 

It does baffle me when people who are unable to read or think are simultaneously able to type, so yes.

Just now, ML6 said:

It does baffle me when people who are unable to read or think are simultaneously able to type, so yes.

Yet I’m the one who is unproductive over what someone wrote on a sports forum lol hahaha

Meh, I'm almost never productive anyway.  Wouldn't take it as too much of a victory. 

18 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Those are kind of two different situations. Ball and Ingram have been terrible this year and their stock is super low. 

You’re still not getting both of them in any trade without giving up some combination of players and picks involving BIG. We severely lack trade assets I don’t think people realize that. We throw around all these crazy names to have a player come here but only want to give up the players that have sucked the life out of this franchise for years.

Like LA is giving up Ball and Ingram for Vuch/Ross and a pick? Or Fournier? Let’s get real. That’s not happening ever. It would be better for all parties involved if we were somewhat more realistic with trades on here. 

A good test before posting a trade on here would be to pretend you’re a fan of the other team and ask yourself if you would like said trade. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Do you know what the Pelicans want back in a trade? They may not want a bunch of prospects and potential. We can give a little bit of everything, from good vets to expiring salary to picks. Are you aware we are a timofey mozgov salary dump away from offering a max contract this offseason? Trading Simmons we could even get something back. Why wouldn’t you trade for AD. 

If we traded our pick, Gordon, and vucevic for Davis and traded another future pick to dump Mozgov for nothing and waived Simmons, renounced Ross we would have enough cap space to offer a 30% max contract but not a 35% max contract. 

So you're basically gambling 100% on signing kemba. 

And is kemba-Fournier-Isaac-Davis-Bamba with Augustin-briscoe-iwundu as the bench better than New Orleans' current roster?

4 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

You’re still not getting both of them in any trade without giving up some combination of players and picks involving BIG. We severely lack trade assets I don’t think people realize that. We throw around all these crazy names to have a player come here but only want to give up the players that have sucked the life out of this franchise for years.

Like LA is giving up Ball and Ingram for Vuch/Ross and a pick? Or Fournier? Let’s get real. That’s not happening ever. It would be better for all parties involved if we were somewhat more realistic with trades on here. 

A good test before posting a trade on here would be to pretend you’re a fan of the other team and ask yourself if you would like said trade. 

I think if New Orleans didn't value Ball and Ingram we could get them for vucevic and our pick, yes. 

And positioning yourself as a fan of the team is the worst thing you can do because fans always overrate their guys. 

18 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

If we traded our pick, Gordon, and vucevic for Davis and traded another future pick to dump Mozgov for nothing and waived Simmons, renounced Ross we would have enough cap space to offer a 30% max contract but not a 35% max contract. 

So you're basically gambling 100% on signing kemba. 

And is kemba-Fournier-Isaac-Davis-Bamba with Augustin-briscoe-iwundu as the bench better than New Orleans' current roster?

I would take it a step further and gauge Isaac and Bamba’s value too. Barring a 2nd half breakout they are also moveable. Free up as much space and make a splash. Orlando is still a highly desirable place to be. The Amway Center is a high quality venue. And this ownership group (in the past) has shown a willingness to spend money to put a team. These are things that have attracted players previously so why not go back to this script. 

16 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Anthony-Davis-Orlando-Magic-Trade.thumb.jpg.541d17f4902a7577e666a2570d1ab0a7.jpg

looks good in blue, huh?

He wants the shot to win championships every year so why wouldn’t he want to come to Orlando? 

1 minute ago, Ibn Battuta said:

I would take it a step further and gauge Isaac and Bamba’s value too. Barring a 2nd half breakout they are also moveable. Free up as much space and make a splash. Orlando is still a highly desirable place to be. The Amway Center is a high quality venue. And this ownership group (in the past) has shown a willingness to spend money to put a team. These are things that have attracted players previously so why not go back to this script. 

It's a summer where at least half of the league could have similar cap space and I'm not sure I want to gamble against kemba going to play with LeBron or New York to play with porzingis, or going to Brooklyn with another guy as they can create 71 million in cap space. Or Dallas to play with doncic. There's enough other suitors that I'm not confident in getting kemba to play here

For real people come on!  I don't care what anyone on this board says, there are no quick fixes to the Magic's situation.  We need to be accumulating talent right now and preparing for the post Golden State and Lebron era.  We need to be preparing right now to compete with Boston,  Philly, and the Milwaukees of the world  moving forward!