Odin

Trade Thread

21 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Deal.

Magic get: Brown, Rozier, Yabusele

Celtics get: Vucevic, Briscoe, 19’ 1st (top 8 protected)

Rozier, Brown, Isaac, Gordon, Bamba

Augustin, Ross, Simmons, Yabusele (or Birch)

Where is Fournier in all this? Do you maybe try to trade him for a serviceable center because Bamba is no way ready to start or play big minutes.

4 hours ago, Spaceman said:

Good catch. I did forget Evan. I guess the goal in my head would be to either deal him or J-Simms for a vet big instead of having to play Yabo out of position or Birch. Maybe Fournier for Gortat? Roll with a Rozier/Brown/Isaac/Gordon/Bamba 5 with a 10 of Augustin/Ross/Simmons/Yabusele/Gortat

Gortat is also a $13 mill expiring that has expressed wanting to end his career here.

6 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Curious to know if we have had any discussion of a Gordon for Beal or McCollum trade

Word out there is Washington said they'd listen to Beal trades but expect to be blown away. 

I don't really see Beal worth discussing. We'd have to give them significant value back that it'd probably make us worse. 

If sacramento come to us requesting Fournier in a deal and offer us somethig like: 

Fournier and Mozgov and a second round for Bjelica, Shumpert, Randolph and Mclemore. will you do it? 

This is the type of trade that will work for us for the future but will likely make us worse now. I mean, Shumpert, Randolph and Mclemore are all expirings. Bjelica will be a great  guy  to keep which will likely fortify our bench next year and, most importantly,  will get  us Fournier and Mozgov off the book for next free agency. 

IS it worth it? Maybe. but it is one of those trades that wil be difficult to swallow at the moment as I dont want to give up to our playoff hope just yet.

41 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

If sacramento come to us requesting Fournier in a deal and offer us somethig like: 

Fournier and Mozgov and a second round for Bjelica, Shumpert, Randolph and Mclemore. will you do it? 

This is the type of trade that will work for us for the future but will likely make us worse now. I mean, Shumpert, Randolph and Mclemore are all expirings. Bjelica will be a great  guy  to keep which will likely fortify our bench next year and, most importantly,  will get  us Fournier and Mozgov off the book for next free agency. 

IS it worth it? Maybe. but it is one of those trades that wil be difficult to swallow at the moment as I dont want to give up to our playoff hope just yet.

Gonna have to offer a good FA more than just money. Any trade we make should be to make us better to attract a high prized FA.

12 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Gonna have to offer a good FA more than just money. Any trade we make should be to make us better to attract a high prized FA.

Sure. That is my point. We might not be able to get a high price FA on a trade but we can be in a position of making  big moves like this to have enough money to get a couple of high priced FA's at the same time while also offering big bucks. 

Hey Alex since I know you are the one pulling the strings (even though you are clueless). Package DJ, Evan, and Simmons for either Dunn or Rozier and a functional 2 guard that can shoot and guard.

14 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

Sure. That is my point. We might not be able to get a high price FA on a trade but we can be in a position of making  big moves like this to have enough money to get a couple of high priced FA's at the same time while also offering big bucks. 

Like who? 

3 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

Like who? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nba/2018/7/30/17616436/nba-free-agency-2019-list-kevin-durant-kyrie-irving

This  is a big list of Restricted and unrestricted free agents. 

But i will love to have a combination of Brogdon, Middelton, Rozier, kemba, Ross, JJ, mirotic, Rubio, Randle, Bledsoe and klay.. to name a few. 

We need to overpay them for sure but Getting rid of Fournier and Mozgov, like the trade i mentioned  before, will put us in a better position to likely achieve that.