Odin

Trade Thread

3 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Deal.

Magic get: Brown, Rozier, Yabusele

Celtics get: Vucevic, Briscoe, 19’ 1st (top 8 protected)

Rozier, Brown, Isaac, Gordon, Bamba

Augustin, Ross, Simmons, Yabusele (or Birch)

I think that's a fair trade but I personally don't love Brown. Good idea though

5 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I think that's a fair trade but I personally don't love Brown. Good idea though

Brown is pretty good though. Great defender and has at least shown something for one season. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Brown is pretty good though. Great defender and has at least shown something for one season. 

Nobody would be able to score on us. Lol. I just noticed he doesn't pass a lot.

Here we go again: (The Winter Crash) Lets face it; we just aren’t very good. I know I’ll get push back, but Vuc is our best player and our whole offense goes through him, so if we lose him then we are starting from scratch literally; many will say: if only we had a good point guard it would all be different; it’s time to bring that on! We need a good point guard by 2/7 to measure Vuc worth for this off season. 

Bamba is super raw and not ready to start anytime soon; maybe 2/3 years and hopefully he will be better then a role player; no guarantees. I’m frankly a little disappointed. 

AG is still wildly inconsistent and may never be anything more then a solid role player if he plays within himself; this is year 5 or 6 I believe; will he get much better? Should we try AG at the 5 at times?

EF - time to move on

JI - is our best prospect.

TRoss - inconsistent, but a good 6 man at fair price.

JSimms - trade him if we can get some kind of asset

Grant - next.....

Iwundu - worth keeping an eye on. 

DJ - great mentor/spacer - back up

Lets accept our reality and hopefully we are pounding the phones and if we take a step backwards to take 2 steps forward in the future, let’s do it; after all we’ve sucked this long; what’s another couple years. No more quick Ibaka fixes that never work out. I’m out; frustrated Magic fan. 

39 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Here we go again: (The Winter Crash) Lets face it; we just aren’t very good. I know I’ll get push back, but Vuc is our best player and our whole offense goes through him, so if we lose him then we are starting from scratch literally; many will say: if only we had a good point guard it would all be different; it’s time to bring that on! We need a good point guard by 2/7 to measure Vuc worth for this off season. 

Bamba is super raw and not ready to start anytime soon; maybe 2/3 years and hopefully he will be better then a role player; no guarantees. I’m frankly a little disappointed. 

AG is still wildly inconsistent and may never be anything more then a solid role player if he plays within himself; this is year 5 or 6 I believe; will he get much better? Should we try AG at the 5 at times?

EF - time to move on

Grant - next.....

Lets accept our reality and hopefully we are pounding the phones and if we take a step backwards to take 2 steps forward in the future, let’s do it; after all we’ve sucked this long; what’s another couple years. No more quick Ibaka fixes that never work out. I’m out; frustrated Magic fan. 

Agree with all of this 

7 hours ago, Magicpassion said:

EF - time to move on

Grant - next.....

I agree with your frustration and a lot of your assessment.  It is interesting how quickly people are changing their minds about AG after everyone was saying he was untouchable over the summer and that this was the year he'd become an all-star.  Not sure why people thought he would make a big jump in year 5 or 6 or whatever it is.

The part I don't agree with is the getting worse to get better.  Been there and done that.  We need to try to make ourselves incrementally better, and scratch and claw to win every possible game.

The lineup that had Iwundu starting and Isaac coming off the bench was working for us.

I still think that selfish Fournier is the big reason for the recent demise. The ball stops at his selfishness.

1 minute ago, Catalina Maria said:

The lineup that had Iwundu starting and Isaac coming off the bench was working for us.

I still think that selfish Fournier is the big reason for the recent demise. The ball stops at his selfishness.

I think you're making up arbitrary problems and assigning them to players you don't care for. 

Here's why we lost. 

Augustin, Ross, and vucevic have been 40% three point shooters overall this year. We have an offensive philosophy built around getting those guys open threes. 

Against Chicago Augustin, Ross, and vucevic went 1-13 on open and wide open threes. Typically they'd make between 5 and 6. 

Our entire philosophy is getting into the paint and kicking it out to extremely capable shooters and they shot 7.7% that game. 

The second reason we lost the game was just deciding not to defend Markkanen several times for some reason. Isaac was a big reason he started the game 1-7 but after Isaac got in foul trouble he just sucked defensively. Martin gave up a dumb wide open three. Isaac gave up 3 threes due to completely just blowing the assignment. Ross blew a switch and just lost him off ball for an easy layup. Vucevic needed to step up on Markkanen and gave up a wide open mid-range jumper. He made some plays but 16 of his points came from bad defense. 

We held other Chicago players to 58 points on 55 shots. 

That's why we lost. It's really easy to see and assign "blame" without character assassination.