Odin

Trade Thread

Question about Hart. 

Lakers fans hype him up like crazy this summer. 

Averages 16ppg the first 5 games. 

His season completely crashes. He's getting big minutes. He's playing with LeBron, he's playing without LeBron. He's averaging 9 ppg and 34% shooting. He's almost 24. He's 6 months older than Aaron Gordon.

Is he hurt? Is it a style of play thing? Is he just bad?

5 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

It’s as crazy as having Clifford try to coach a young roster with no big burly center to build his offense.

I’ve stated many times that management and coaching aren’t on the same page

Deflecting!

2 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Batum and Monk for Vuc and Fournier works.

I'd do that deal any day

That's kind of a bad deal though. You have no money for a point guard if you keep Ross. If you don't keep Ross you have right around 14 million for a new point guard which can get you third tier free agents which might be fine. But you have 50 ppg you need to replicate from this team. 

That's kind of a precarious position to put yourself in for a guy who's found the doghouse of two coaches now. And he's not really playing well either. I think Vuc to Charlotte really makes sense. But I wouldn't take monk for Batum. I'd try to  take back Marvin or MKG instead and reroute monk to Dallas for DSJ. 

24 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Question about Hart. 

His season completely crashes. He's getting big minutes. He's playing with LeBron, he's playing without LeBron. He's averaging 9 ppg and 34% shooting. He's almost 24. He's 6 months older than Aaron Gordon.

I am not a big fan of him. In fact, Fournier is putting better numbers and is like 1-2 years older than him.  

He is just in that LA market where all olayers are hyped and considered to be future stars. 

Ball is another example. The potential to be a great player is there but not yet. Yet, he is already considered and all star by many LA fans and media. 

I need to go back and compared Paytons numbers to Ball. They might be pretty similar.  

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Question about Hart. 

Hart got all his fame and hype by being a summer league superstar for the Lakers for the past 2 years and dominating players that were not as physically ready or as game experienced as he is.

4 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I like the one for Fultz

I like the one for Hart (though I doubt they’d do it)

I like the ones with Boston (doubt they’d do them)

And I like the one with SA

Yeah those are some of the best ones I thought. I really like that SA one and like the blazers deal if we can get Collins and a pick that would be pretty good value for Ross. Collins would be an upgrade over Martin at backup power forward and Turner wouldn’t be that bad since he is expiring next year. Their pick would probably be in the late teens early 20s. 

I think it would help us in the long run to lose our games between now and the AS break. That would give WeHam additional credibility to trade a probable AS in Vooch.

11 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Yeah those are some of the best ones I thought. I really like that SA one and like the blazers deal if we can get Collins and a pick that would be pretty good value for Ross. Collins would be an upgrade over Martin at backup power forward and Turner wouldn’t be that bad since he is expiring next year. Their pick would probably be in the late teens early 20s. 

I actually like Collins, but we so desperately need to upgrade our guard positions.

11 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

Wisdom at last.  That is a strategy worth pursuing.  Probably cannot get into the top 4 lottery teams this year but maybe can get to #5 and then with luck have the ping pong balls bounce our way.  I hope Weltman is looking forward to the draft because he is looking to have multiple first round picks because we actually traded our vets.  When you know your current roster will not get you deep into the playoffs (like Memphis has determined) it is time to change your current roster.  We are there.  Already have Cleveland's 2nd rounder which will probably be the first pick in the 2nd round.  If we got a lucky ping pong bounce I slightly prefer Barrett but Zion would be a close 2nd. The one thing we know is Zion and Barrett will go 1 and 2 or vice versa.

Yes it's so easy to feel this way. Not only that but count me in, two months from now  all i will talk about is the draft. The draft is such a crapshoot. We seemingly just  miss out on the player we want every year. Last years Washington Wizards game, along with Luka and Trey dropping to right before we pick. Maddening, one of the worst two moments for this Magic Fan in years. 

I guess i'm saying it's time to make our own luck. The last  6 years plenty of teams have made trades and made the playoffs just by being more proactive then everyone else. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Question about Hart. 

The second-year guard has connected on 62-of-135 (45.9 percent) from the field during the 537 minutes that he has played alongside James. The Lakers have outscored their opponents by 7.8 points per 100 possessions when Hart has appeared on the court with James.

But as noted by Alex Regla, no one on the Purple and Gold has struggled quite like Hart in the time he has spent without the King. Hart is in the midst of a brutal sophomore slump.

He is shooting a dreadful 84-of-220 (38.1 percent) in the 663 minutes that he has played without James. Los Angeles has been outscored by 3.2 points per 100 possessions when Hart has appeared without James so far this season.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/lebronwire.usatoday.com/2019/01/14/lebron-james-injury-los-angeles-lakers-news-josh-hart/amp/