Odin

Trade Thread

Since our magic got their asses kicked I had some drinks and got on trade machine trying to come up with some fresh trade ideas which lead me to this... it won’t be pretty and it probably puts us back in the lottery this year but let’s us keep our young core, gives us our pg of the future, a vet at sg and a backup center with some potential (we could probably switch him out with any of their centers if you don’t like him)

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8g4txnh

Don’t spite me too hard boys

4 hours ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Since our magic got their asses kicked I had some drinks and got on trade machine trying to come up with some fresh trade ideas which lead me to this... it won’t be pretty and it probably puts us back in the lottery this year but let’s us keep our young core, gives us our pg of the future, a vet at sg and a backup center with some potential (we could probably switch him out with any of their centers if you don’t like him) 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8g4txnh

Don’t spite me too hard boys

Only problem here is that the Rockets would be getting shafted

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Fournier, Bamba and the OKC pick for Bradley Beal

--

re-sign Vuc and Ross and sign a point guard

Dam Mauro. You must really like Beal. Or hate Evan. Lol. I’m done with Evan also but I’m not ready to give up bamba yet. And there’s no guarantee in resigning vuc or Ross. Btw vuc will regress when he signs his contract , he already did once. I’m not getting fooled again. 

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

--

Please take a step back and breathe deeply.  Now listen to me whispering softly into your ear...

*Don't change your years-long opinion on a player based on a 30-game sample size in a contract year.  Don't trade the high-ceiling center of the future in favor of the center of the past who you've despised for years based on a 30-game sample size in a contract year.  Don't change your entire basketball philosophy based on a 30-game sample size in a contract year.*

Feel better?  Great.  Now repeat that to yourself until you've snapped out of whatever hypnosis you're currently finding yourself in.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Please take a step back and breathe deeply.  Now listen to me whispering softly into your ear...

*Don't change your years-long opinion on a player based on a 30-game sample size in a contract year.  Don't trade the high-ceiling center of the future in favor of the center of the past who you've despised for years based on a 30-game sample size in a contract year.  Don't change your entire basketball philosophy based on a 30-game sample size in a contract year.*

Feel better?  Great.  Now repeat that to yourself until you've snapped out of whatever hypnosis you're currently finding yourself in.

Wait, you don't think we can catch lightening in a bottle again by giving a center on an expiring contract a generous deal based on a small sample size again?

292y4d2.gif

4 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Wait, you don't think we can catch lightening in a bottle again by giving a center on an expiring contract a generous deal based on a small sample size again?

292y4d2.gif

It floors me that members who've watched many many magic games over the last decade can fall for this again. Vucevic has two above average seasons in his career. Both contract years. 

2 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

--

No man. I like Beal but patience is needed for Bamba. He’s going to be good.

18 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It floors me that members who've watched many many magic games over the last decade can fall for this again. Vucevic has two above average seasons in his career. Both contract years. 

Yup. He’s actually the one you want to trade.

It is a massive windfall that Vooch has played well enough this season to potentially be worth something.  His value at the end of last year felt nonexistent, and I think many of us were resigned to the fact that it would inevitably just end up that he walks this summer.  That still might happen, but even just the fact that there's a chance he could net us a useful piece is a huge win.

In other words, we should hope that the front office is doing all they can to gauge his value around the league.  They should definitely not be printing his new contract at this point.

7 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Yup. He’s actually the one you want to trade.

Plus it shows a misunderstanding of where vucevic gets his value. 

He's like Zach Lavine or Tim Hardaway Jr. He's given the keys to the offense as an above average offensive player. High usage, gets whatever shots he wants, guys get their points off him. 

As soon as you bring in another high usage facilitator vucevic becomes Brook Lopez. 

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Plus it shows a misunderstanding of where vucevic gets his value. 

He's like Zach Lavine or Tim Hardaway Jr. He's given the keys to the offense as an above average offensive player. High usage, gets whatever shots he wants, guys get their points off him. 

As soon as you bring in another high usage facilitator vucevic becomes Brook Lopez. 

Exactly and if we resign him then we are handcuffed to what we are now.

Hes the most logical player to trade. Then Fournier cause I just don’t like that guy basketball wise.