Odin

Trade Thread

Murray had a great year but still can't shoot the 3. So, even if i just made a speech about the 3 point shot in another thread i don't think he is an upgrade for us. At least not until we give Suggs and Fultz another shot.

Instead we should look at Murray as a blue print for either Fultz or Suggs improvement. Murray showed more before he was injured but he took awhile to get healthy and shoot better. What made his year so special last year was his increased usage ,rebounds and especially assists. All while turning the ball over at the same rate. Now his effective field goal percentage wasn't crazy good but he doubled his free throw rate and greatly increased his steals. 

This is where Fultz and Suggs can make this team much better. Obviously shoot better but i don't think Fultz will every shoot the 3 that well. Suggs can. However, Fultz biggest jump would come from a greatly increased usage while getting assists,steals and rebounds like Murray while keeping the turnovers down. Murray really is the blueprint to Fultz being on this team past 2023. Suggs is kind of a different player but he has more leeway. 

Anyhow i would love to get a veteran guard but i have a hunch the head guys want to keep our salary cap clear one more year. So probably some one year rentals at best. Still could pick up a Bryn Forbes or trade for a Shamet or something. I think they want to give our own players one more year to shine.

lastly there was a tweet saying Spurs want a Jrue Holiday package for Dejounte. Hard Pass. Maybe next year, if Primo or Wesley break out for them and one of our guys fails.

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

What does the board think of Murray?  Soul and I liked him on draft night.  I am surprised The Spurs would let him go.  Is he a guy you would go all in on?

I’m all in on the Murray train. I think he’s a star… now. Dude’s just entering his prime and is a phenomenal two way player. Honestly, I still think he’ll grow as a player, too. I’d give up anyone not named Paulo or Franz and picks. Not five picks but three. A protected Magic pick, the Chicago pick, and the Denver pick. I’d especially hate to give up WCJ but would do it here.

6 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Oh boy…

I am not worried about nobody soul. We are about to run teams off the floor 

On 6/28/2022 at 8:51 PM, Jay Magic said:

I am not worried about nobody soul. We are about to run teams off the floor 

Well last year our opponents sometimes got weak from laughing so hard

5 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Well last year our opponents sometimes got weak from laughing so hard

JJZFL can always count on you my brother.. always. Be ready to pay up when the time comes! Haha :-)

So, I don't know that we would be interested, but this works on the trade machine sight, and gets us a couple of veterans in their final year, and a 2023 draft pick from Phoenix for helping swing a KD trade.

Nets get TRoss and Mikal Bridges, and 2025 (top 3) protected first from Phoenix

Suns get Kevin Durant

Magic get Jae Crowder, Dario Saric, and a 2023 (top 3) protected first from Phoenix