Odin

Trade Thread

I like the move.. High ceiling, at worst he's still an upgrade and probably our PG for at least a few years.. If our young guys all work out to even like 75% of their potential we should have a pretty good team in a couple years. 

1 hour ago, WarDamnMagic said:

God I love this trade! Still can’t get over it! Did anyone see T Ross insta of him saying “how do you like my hat now” with a magic hat on

i see that too hahaha he is top troller too

59 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

I tend to go with the first interpretation and agree with you that they plan on/think they can re-sign them both; because I don't think WeltHam would be that careless with getting no return on them as assets. 

There is always some return for treating employees honorably, it just tends to be deferred and somewhat nebulous. Building a reputation as an organization that will consider players as something more that just commodities has real value on its own, with both players and their agents, especially when compared to the current debacle ongoing in LA/NO.

Whether or not Vuch/Ross resign here, it seem that WeltHam are not interested in wringing blood from a stone.  Useful draft picks would probably have been the desired return for those two expiring guys; if those weren't forthcoming, then just getting rid of them for junk doesn't make much sense.  

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

No. It's unprecedented for someone his age as a basketball player to go through this. It's more of a baseball thing

For lack of a better way to explain this is basically carpal tunnel of the shoulder. 

We hope this is an orthopedic issue that's basically caused by him doing unconventional shooting work the summer before his rookie year and exacerbated by rehab done for a misdiagnosed injury. 

Except that unlike carpal tunnel syndrome, electrodiagnostic nerve testing is usually negative. Most often there are no objective findings on testing.  This is somewhere between carpal tunnel syndrome and fibromyalgia.  

11 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

He's a younger, less agile, less defensive version of Vuc. If that doesn't scare you, I don't know what will!

I disagree with that assessment. Kanter is a better defensive player and better rebounder than Vuc. Vuc is just much more developed offensively. 

But I think the point is moot anyway because he will more than likely reunite with OKC if I had to guess. 

22 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Looks like if we didn't make the move for Fultz we were getting in on the deal for Delon Wright

Your guy haha. Maybe in the summer?

20 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

I disagree with that assessment. Kanter is a better defensive player and better rebounder than Vuc. Vuc is just much more developed offensively. 

But I think the point is moot anyway because he will more than likely reunite with OKC if I had to guess. 

Kanter is an absolutely terrible defensive player. Kanter is a good rebounder and is effective around the basket, but is a total minus on the defensive end. Vuch is at least ok at defense usually.

Jonathon Simmons was arguably the least efficient offensive player in the NBA this year. I had no idea. .397 eFG%. I don't think it's ever been that low for someone that played real minutes

All along, I've been of the belief that we should resign Ross if it's at all possible to get him on a decent contract. When you're building a team, you don't let guys like him go without at least trying to keep him. Now that we've kept him past the deadline, it seems to me that we feel pretty good about resigning him. He seems like a cultural and scheme fit with the direction we're going and it's always a good idea to have a couple vets like him and DJ.

Fultz/Ross/JI/AG/Bamba.....man the potential of that lineup has me really excited.