Odin

Trade Thread

2 minutes ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

How far off is Fultz from playing? I assume we dont expect him this season? 

I think we will be very careful, but if doctors say hes fine to play, I dont think we will sit him for no good reason.  All depends how his rehab goes, could be out for rest of the season too.

3 minutes ago, random said:

I think we will be very careful, but if doctors say hes fine to play, I dont think we will sit him for no good reason.  All depends how his rehab goes, could be out for rest of the season too.

I think him being out for the rest of the season is the most likely scenario. Wouldn't be a bad thing either. Allow him the chance to get acclimated here and continue with his rehab and potential surgery/rehab down the line. Allow him to come back at full strength early part of next season.

One other thing to celebrate from the deadline: The Lakers being left at the altar and now having to sort out a fragmented locker room. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Soul Bro said:

One other thing to celebrate from the deadline: The Lakers being left at the altar and now having to sort out a fragmented locker room. 

Dude if it were possible to give this quote a 100 likes I would!

• Upvote 2

Just now, Soul Bro said:

What are you talking about? They got Mike Muscala

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I'd love it if they miss the playoffs this season.

1 hour ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

Is it me or do everyone think our trade deadline was mediocre at best. Fine we now have a PG however for how long? How long till he breaks down again and we are back to square one. What we gave away was low risk I understand but would have like something else out of it. The second thing that has annoyed me is that we still have Vooch, Fournier and Grant on our roster. Now there are few things that might happen out of this

1. We let Ross and Vooch walk for nothing

2. We resign Vooch and then we are still in the realm of mid range to rubbish team

3. Fournier is hindering this roster and needed to go for a backup SG or PF

4. Grant is Grant not many teams would have wanted him

Best case is that we resign Ross for a decent deal in the offseason however what else is our plan. If we make the playoffs we will get hammered by the Bucks or Boston, if we dont then we dont really have a good lotto pick in the position we are in. I am just a bit baffled and if someone could explain this I would be more than happy to listen/read. 

Its you

11 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Or could that work out to be a good thing? 

Their trade offer included Lonzo Ball, Josh Hart, Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Ivica Zubac - this here is a new young starting five including two high draft picks and the others were late first round or second round players. Add in KCP and two first round picks, and that's a lot to give up for Anthony Davis. 

On the one hand some might say adding AD to pair with LeBron is worth giving up all of that, but who would have been left? Rondo, Stephenson, Bullock,  Beasley, McGee, Chandler. If I'm not mistaken all of those guys are out of contract in the summer. That would leave LeBron, AD, Wagner and Bonga under contract. I suppose that's cap space to pursue another big name to form a big three, but it's a fairly bare roster if they had given up all of those assets.

To be clear, AD is a top player and perhaps worth giving up the farm for. But the price was steep and I'm not entirely convinced LeBron and AD plus a bunch of so-so veterans would be enough to compete for a title. It should get them into the play offs, but not enough to win, and they'd need a lot of work come the summer to build a competitive supporting cast.