Odin

Trade Thread

5 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

Sorry. Don't mean to be raining on everyone's parade. Not my intention. Just don't get very excited when I hear or see that word upside. Especially with a guy who has shoulder issues. And the Magic first round pick they gave up for Fultz will be a decent one for sure. If Fultz had been balling recently and showing signs of improvement I would be dancing in the streets as well.

If he had been balling recently he wouldn’t be on our roster today.

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Comparing EP’s upside to Fultz’s is just beyond bad evaluating. 

I was being sarcastic. (That is when you make a comment that is meant to...ah nevermind)

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, MagicOne said:

Sorry. Don't mean to be raining on everyone's parade. Not my intention. Just don't get very excited when I hear or see that word upside. Especially with a guy who has shoulder issues. And the Magic first round pick they gave up for Fultz will be a decent one for sure. If Fultz had been balling recently and showing signs of improvement I would be dancing in the streets as well.

I also think the Magic are in a better position to nurse someone back to health than Philly is. Philly has that pressure of win now and Florida has some of the best doctors around. So I think this can work out in our favor. 

I think a lot of the emotional damage was just being apart of the 76er org. The Magic won't be like that. He'll feel welcomed! He and Bamba can rehab together to start building chemistry. 

Simmons was a good athlete with a cool story of how he got into the NBA but he obviously had a ceiling. He was a hustle guy who had a decent jump for dunks but made a lot of poor IQ decisions. I think for the role that he will have in Philly, it makes sense. He'll be the 7-8th option. 

I think that even if he ends up just being a career DJ augustine (backup) its still a deal in our favor.

I say rest him if he wants till after the all star break or suit him up tonight if he wants, lol

• Downvote 1

Guys, our bench got a little better and we can make a push for the playoffs with some new energy. The guys can now play without pressure and ball out.

This was a low risk, high reward move. We kept our core in place; the OKC pick may have been a rotation player, but maybe not and a 2nd is worth the roll of dice plus Simms has been bad. This is a kid at 20 and with the right people in his corner and patience this is the kind of deal that can turn a franchise around; we are due that.

• Upvote 1

I tell you what guys. To be fair if Fultz comes in here and makes immediate strides and shows significant potential I will be the first one to eat crow here and give all of the supporters a full apology. However if the opposite should occur and he winds up being a bust I expect the same courtesy in return. Fair enough ? (And I do hope and pray that it is all of you who are correct and I am eating crow for the sake of the Magic)

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

We didn’t give up the Magic’s first though, it’s a highly protected pick from OKC that may not even convey. 

9 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

It wasn't the Magic's 1st rounder it was the OKC first rounder. Relax!