Odin

Trade Thread

2 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

Am I the only one with common sense here ? The Magic gave up a decent veteran bench player, and a first and second round pick, for a reclamation project with supposed upside ? Philly clearly got the better of this deal. The Magic meanwhile get a guy who can't shoot who has physical/mental issues. Remember EP had tremendous upside ? Oh well. It is what it is. Next.

simmons is a black hole on offense and we would not retain him after next year if we even kept him that long. okc pick wasnt even ours and is projected in the 20s and a second rounder. psh i'll try to land a kid who has legit superstar potential for that package every day of the week

1 minute ago, JamminJ21 said:

4 young studs to build around

If Fultz start to reach some of that potential at #1 overall pick 

Then we pour into developing BIG. That could be something special. Until then, we should be cautiously optimistic about our BIG4 

2 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

Am I the only one with common sense here ? The Magic gave up a decent veteran bench player, and a first and second round pick, for a reclamation project with supposed upside ? Philly clearly got the better of this deal. The Magic meanwhile get a guy who can't shoot who has physical/mental issues. Remember EP had tremendous upside ? Oh well. It is what it is. Next.

I can see part of your point but it is a gamble, potentially a big one but lets say he comes back the way he was supposed to play and the rest of the young core get a winning mentality. In a season or 2 we could be a great team to watch. 

5 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

You're so far off in this evaluation lol. 

Just now, magicblue said:

Not even going to waste my time on this one. If you're a true Magic fan try to see the upside here and be happy, or at least not rain on everyone's parade

Sorry. Don't mean to be raining on everyone's parade. Not my intention. Just don't get very excited when I hear or see that word upside. Especially with a guy who has shoulder issues. And the Magic first round pick they gave up for Fultz will be a decent one for sure. If Fultz had been balling recently and showing signs of improvement I would be dancing in the streets as well.

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

Go watch him in college. Dude can shoot.

2 minutes ago, Orlando Magic Toaster said:

I can see part of your point but it is a gamble, potentially a big one but lets say he comes back the way he was supposed to play and the rest of the young core get a winning mentality. In a season or 2 we could be a great team to watch. 

We can only HOPE! I mean we've waited 7 years. Why not wait 3 or 4 years more ? Yes we do need to be patient I guess and keep waiting.

• Downvote 2

For me it comes down to an undisclosed injury, period. If what has been reported is the truth, i feel rest and a fresh start is worth the risk.

Like i said, this guy has the engine, the handles and the BB IQ. If he winds up a bust as is, worth the risk.

If there is something that comes up we didn't know, i'll change my opinion. 

Right now it's a huge win, and even better a direction. If we get a little lucky in the draft we can embrace a young, well rounded team.

Maybe, with a luck.