Odin

Trade Thread

2 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Yep.   Trade time for Vuc.  It is not like he is even an automatic resign.  Reported that Dallas said they will pursue him.  By the way is that not tampering?  By the same franchise that was fined for saying they would tank but not fined when they did.  Other suiters will probably join in.  Not a slam dunk to resign.  

Clippers too. 

Nikola Vucevic just delivered the Orlando Magic their first All-Star representative since Dwight Howard (2011-12). If Orlando sits out the trade deadline—or even buys—there might be a chance Vooch could be the key in also snapping the organization’s post-Superman playoff drought (2011-12).

But only a short-sighted chase of instant gratification would have the Magic doing anything other than selling. This is, objectively speaking, a bad team. It's 25th overall in net efficiency rating and winning at a lower clip than the 2015-16 club, which former coach Scott Skiles abandoned after just one season on the job. The Magic need more talent. And assets. And a cleaner cap picture. And a floor general of the future.

They could scratch several of these itches by aggressively selling at the deadline. If Davis stays put, Vucevic, a fiery scorer from the paint to the perimeter, might be the best player available. Terrence Ross, a long-range sniper with hops, would appeal to the all the teams looking to strengthen their wings, which is essentially everyone in a positionless league. Their values have never been higher, and their futures are uncertain with unrestricted free agency awaiting them. Dealing them for forward-focused pieces capable of complementing the 23-and-under trio of Aaron Gordon, Jonathan Isaac and Mohamed Bamba should be a no-brainer.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2819298-br-staff-predictions-for-2019-nba-trade-deadline#slide7

• Upvote 1

I think that’s a fair assessment on AG; I agree he is more Draymond then PG; the crucial question is, will he accept that request? He has been showing good bully ball  potential by backing down his opponents in the paint. These athletes have big egos and when you can get them to play to their strength instead of trying to be the man; you really have something.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I realize that for them it’s year two and their jobs aren’t at risk.  But I’d really like to see a little sign that they understand that for all the rest of us, it’s year 7.  It’s not year two of the rebuild for us.  A lackadaisical approach won’t sit well with most fans.  I’m not advocating to make a bad trade just to be seen as doing something, but they could at least acknowledge that it would be nice if the franchise became relevant sooner rather than later.  

I think they are very aware of the fans' desire to be relevant sooner rather than later. That's one of the things that I think is holding them back from making the right moves and trading Vuc and Ross at the deadline.

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

He cant be traded now.

Brooklyn is winning with him. 

I know. I was responding to him, and doubt they’d trade him like I said. 

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Big boy trade idea...

Philly desperately needs shooting and depth, and Orlando needs young assets.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yc74q7ct

Simmons, Ross and Vooch for Fultz, Smith, Chandler and Patton. If needs be, we throw in our OKC pick.

Love that deal.  You get my vote for GM.