Odin

Trade Thread

5 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I would like for us to make a play for Dinwiddie. He is on a reasonable extension and is a system player with some size. He’s not a super star, but seems like he may fit our style. Let The Nets pay the big bucks for Russell; we’ve got time and our super star will come with winning but we certainly need a back court upgrade and depth. 

I’m a fan of Dinwiddie, but what do you think it would take to get him? I’m not even sure they’d be willing to trade him but everyone’s got a price. 

13 minutes ago, King Close said:

I’m a fan of Dinwiddie, but what do you think it would take to get him? I’m not even sure they’d be willing to trade him but everyone’s got a price. 

He cant be traded now.

Brooklyn is winning with him. 

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Here’s a small but interesting idea: If the Lakers need to add picks for their pursuit of AD, how about giving our OKC pick for Josh Hart? I like him as a 3 and D Danny Green type of guard.

Josh Hart has been horrendous this year.  I rather keep iwundu over him to play that role without giving our OKC pick. 

Another guy not expected to go anywhere ahead of Thursday’s deadline: Sixers guard Markelle Fultz.

Fultz, the No. 1 pick in the 2017 draft, has played only 19 games this season, averaging 8.2 points on 41.9 percent shooting and 28.6 percent 3-point shooting. He’s been rehabbing his shoulder for a condition called thoracic outlet syndrome and has not played since Nov. 19.

The Sixers, according to sources around the league, are not ready to move on from Fultz, given the investment the franchise made into him, the utter cratering of his trade value and the fact that he’s only 20 years old and still has a chance to be productive.

That could change this summer, when the Sixers’ future outlook will firm up once Jimmy Butler hits free agency and Ben Simmons is eligible for a contract extension. Both could wind up with max deals, which would make Fultz a trade chip that could be used to fill out the roster with role players.

Fultz is planning on playing this season, though the Sixers — battling for the No. 3 seed in the East at 34-19 — are not considering his return a factor as they look to improve the roster ahead of the deadline.

Philadelphia has been "very active for a while," one source said, as the team seeks depth. But the Sixers also have last year’s experience of bringing in waiver signees Ersan Ilyasova and Marco Belinelli for the stretch run. Both played well, and the Sixers would be comfortable going that route again in what should be a busy buyout market.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/nba-trade-rumors-wizards-not-budging-on-core-trio-ahead-of-deadline/ny6lk6zng2h312kbjbwdq64jh

1 hour ago, King Close said:

First off, we can’t do it now, it would be this summer. I think the front office will need to be a bit creative. 

44 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Josh Hart has been horrendous this year.  I rather keep iwundu over him to play that role without giving our OKC pick. 

I like Iwundu, his intangibles are good and he has shown improvement.

2 hours ago, Mack1085 said:

I think Hammond and Weltman are smart veteran guys who will know how to handle this deadline. Their jobs aren't imminently at risk, so they won't make a desperate win-now/mortgage the future trade.....

I realize that for them it’s year two and their jobs aren’t at risk.  But I’d really like to see a little sign that they understand that for all the rest of us, it’s year 7.  It’s not year two of the rebuild for us.  A lackadaisical approach won’t sit well with most fans.  I’m not advocating to make a bad trade just to be seen as doing something, but they could at least acknowledge that it would be nice if the franchise became relevant sooner rather than later.  

4 hours ago, JJZFL said:

I predict we don’t get any of the higher profile point guards we’ve been discussing these past 250 pages of posts.  Hope I’m wrong.  

Unfortunately I agree and I think Fultz for Ross is the only possibility (slim because I think Philly asks for the moon as they always do) so we will be done to the draft or FA next year or the following year to solve our biggest hole, PG.  Still think we need to trade Ross and Vuc for what we can get since I think both will be targeted during FA in the summer and we could easily lose both for nothing.  Developing  our young players (maybe try Iwundu at PG) the rest of this season should be the primary goal. You can see the growth of Isaac occurring (wow, you can grow with playing time?) and I love his potential along with Bamba's.  I like the future of our young guys.

Just finished the Lowe podcast from yesterday. He shared that Ross is very much available but only believes he will garner two second round picks. He also suggested that Vooch might warrant a home team discount at 15 million/year but was told from sources that's too low. Additionally, he pounded the Gordon trade talk and basically called Gordon to accept his role as a Draymond Green light player versus a Paul George player. 

1 hour ago, KRISH10 said:

Will VUC trade value ever be this high again? 

Yep.   Trade time for Vuc.  It is not like he is even an automatic resign.  Reported that Dallas said they will pursue him.  By the way is that not tampering?  By the same franchise that was fined for saying they would tank but not fined when they did.  Other suiters will probably join in.  Not a slam dunk to resign.